Friday, May 4, 2012

Time Keeps on Ticking . . .

I set out to make silhouettes of the children a year ago.

I did, too. They turned out SO beautifully.

However, I wanted to wait until Clara was born (and silhouetted) before I put them all up, because she really needed to be a part of the club.

Then last July life turned up.side.down.

It's been TEN {!} months since Nels got that phone call from Coldwater Creek. I can't believe how quickly this last year has flown by. It seriously takes my breath away.


Slowly, slowly, I am getting my feet under me again. Slowly regaining my desire to create a beautiful home. I hung up my little ladies in our new living room shortly after moving in and Clara's empty frame has been nagging me to not let her grow any bigger before capturing her sweet, little profile.


Since it's been a year since I painted the older four girls, the age difference between Violet and Clara in these is only going to be six months! LOL! However, I'm not quite up for redoing all of them again right now ---- since, after all, this is the first time I've really been able to enjoy them. :)

Maybe I'll update them all next spring.

When I'm finished painting Clara's onto canvas, I'll post a picture of all the completed silhouettes, along with a picture of my living room. I'm hoping to do that tonight once the girls are in bed.

Nels volunteered our house for an Elder's Quorum party tomorrow and I really wanted to have them all up beforehand.

-- I love incentive. --

5 comments:

Thomas Family said...

LOVE them. Can't wait to see the finished living room! Did you use any specific tutorial for these. I've always wanted to do them but lacked the motivation to figure out how. :) Oh ya, and that picture of Zina on the mountain was in Waterton National Park. LOVE that place. It was probably still be a bit of a drive for you but worth it I think. It's the Canadian side of Glacier National park I believe. :)

Amber said...

What gorgeous little ladies!!! I love this!

Julie Button said...

That is so cute! I can't wait to see a picture with them up in your house!

Mom Chick said...

I love the silhouettes. They are so precious -- but the real girls are the most precious!

Life for the Pillings said...

So so cute!! I love it!