Sometimes, even at 28 years-old, I still think that I'd kind of like to be able to dress like Punky Brewster (what do you want to bet that SOMEONE reading this doesn't even know who Punky Brewster is . . .) or maybe Rainbow Bright. There were some good things about the 80s. :) LOL!
I think that Lilie understands me.
Isn't she cute? She looks so little.
Elsie's eyelashes are stunning. They are long and curly and black.
SO pretty.
Violet has been smiling for several weeks now. It is one of the best things in the world and absolutely heart-melting. She likes me. I love that she's happy to see me.
I love her double chin! :)
Sorry for the blurriness of some pictures. I just love them anyway.
I love being a mom so much. I look at my sweet little ladies and think "How does a person ever decide they're done having kids?" I can't imagine looking at my little baby and knowing that I would never again hold another of my sweet babies in my arms. I know many of you have been to that point and you'll tell me that you "just know", but I definitely don't know yet. I love having children of all ages that I get to enjoy. Now don't start cracking jokes about how I'm going to have 10 kids. I'm not. I'm just saying that I don't think we're done.
I'm so thankful for families.
This last weekend Nels' parents, my parents, Ben, and Melissa (with children in tow) came up for Violet's blessing. It was so sweet. We chose to do it on Saturday because of schedule difficulties and I absolutely loved doing it that way. There was such a sweet spirit there as Nels blessed our little baby in his arms. (Despite her screaming and some toddler antics. :) I feel so very thankful that Nels is worthy to hold and exercise the Priesthood in our home. That he is able to act as a mouthpiece for the Lord when we need it. I love him. I'm so thankful for the blessings of the Gospel of Jesus Christ in our lives. I'm thankful for a loving Father who forgives me my shortcomings and still blesses me anyway.
I love my role as a sister, a daughter, a mother, and a wife.
Ben and his kids stayed the night Saturday and it was so nice to be able to spend some time with him. I love my brother so much. I even got the chance to put all eight kids to bed all by myself. And it went well - thanks to my deciding to not stress out.
I just hope that he and his children didn't pick up the nasty crud that is going around our house. Today is going to have to be a low key day. It's hard to be a mom with no voice. Sadly my little Violet has also got this bug and has been coughing and having to breathe through her mouth -- not a fun thing for newborns. Hopefully it doesn't get any worse. Hazel missed three days of school this week. Elsie has put herself down for a nap the past four days in a row! She's definitely not feeling top notch.
Last night I got the chance to have a "Girls' Night Out" with a couple of friends - I can't even remember the last time I did that. We had a good time and it was really nice to hang out with such happy, upbeat gals. Tonight Nels wants to take me out. I'm so lucky! :) I guess I should say that he wants to take me AND Violet out. :) I suppose we'll see how lucky we are . . . :)












7 comments:
I love reading your blog. :) Thank you for writing, and being so REAL!
Seriously, I love all your posts. Love them. I too, cannot imagine not having anymore kids. The minute I saw Sam I knew we were not finished. Babies are just the best - so glad you are enjoying your sweet Violet!
It's so hard to picture being done...isn't it? I just feel so torn about "the end"...
whenever it will be.
And...side note...LOVE your haircut. Gosh I love it. IT LOOKS AWESOME on you!
I love all the pictures! You have such beautiful, fun, and sassy little girls, I can understand why you want to have more :) Also, I'm so glad that Nels has such an awesome wife. Nels was one of my favorite people up at BYUI. Did he ever tell you about the time he and Mikey had to give me a blessing? They took great care of me. He is such a great guy and you two are perfect for each other. I'm glad I have been able to get to know you better through your blog.
You are so beautiful Rachel! Love the post. I totally know what you mean about wanting to have babies forever. They are wonderful!!!
Get ready for another night out (or in) because...I'm coming!!!
Love the pics! Do you get a hair cut? Wish I could have had that night out as well! Have to do it again soon!
Post a Comment