My brain is like mud.
Case in point: I am blogging right now, when I am so tired that my brain actually feels a bit more like sludge than mud. I don't know why I'm doing this at 1 o'clock in the morning, other than that I'm worried I will forget to write this random and rather uninteresting post.
Thursday was my day to pick of the kids for carpool after school. I remembered all morning . . . until I didn't. They get out at 11:25. I ran upstairs in a panic at 11:56, ready to run out the door with my other three kids -- all of us still in our pajamas. Grabbed the phone to call the school and the other moms, when I realized that one of the other moms had already called me exactly 5 minutes earlier, wondering where her child was and had already headed over to pick them up.
Thursday I had a full-page list of things to do to get ready for family to come visit this weekend for Violet's blessing. Among other (more important) things, were the items: clean up toys and wash Lilie's sheets. Pulled out the bed to get the sheets off, realized how ridiculously hard making her bed was in its present position and proceeded to change around the entire room -- including moving her dresser downstairs and moving the dresser from downstairs up. Started cleaning up the toys and decided that I needed to entirely go through all the toys and reorganize the closets. Go me! Forget my child at school? Check! Spend the whole day doing two of the least important cleaning projects on my list? Check! I'm awesome.
Tonight. Call mom at 11:00 to get the recipes for all the food I'm making tomorrow. Didn't call her yesterday so that I would be able to get the ingredients when I went to the store earlier today. Went to the store at 11:45 pm, remembering to get two Cokes because I was doubling the recipe. Got home, mixed it up. Realized that I forgot to get two cans of chilies as well. Return to the store at 12:20.
When I'm talking to someone and tell a story, I end up not able to verbalize half of what I want to, or forget large chunks of the events I participated in! I feel like there are thoughts floating around in this giant mud bubble over my head that I am trying to grasp, but I can't see them clear enough to find them.
It's been annoying. I could go on with more . . . . (trying to remember the word) . . . examples? Yes. Examples. ---- Actually I can't. Because I can't remember them. But I know they're there. I also know that more of them would bore you.
Hormones. Some people get postpartum depression. Me, I just get postpartum Sludge Head. It's bad.
9 comments:
LOL! I think I'd rather have postpartum sludge head than depression! Believe me, I have it! And I had a baby almost 4 years ago! LOL
Hope your weekend goes well and that things work out!
I know exactly what you're talking about - I still go through that sludge head! :)
The day turned out wonderful Rachel, despite your feeling of swimming through mud! You are amazing! Love Ya!
LOL! Sledge head, you make me laugh!!! Love you! Thanks again for your help. You are amazing!
HA! HA! HA! I guess I have a bit of "slUdge" head too.
oh dang! I totally know what you mean--have gone through similar. :) I still think that despite your "sludge" head, you are rockin' the mom department the majority of the time. :)
Did you forget that I drove into oncoming traffic in a construction zone after I had my baby? We moms are bound to have some brain trouble with the lack of sleep we get. And I only have the one kid! I can't imagine how much you have to do and how much sleep you don't get!
Rachel, you are so funny. And SO NORMAL! We all go through it. I think it has something to do with adding another member to the family. Oh yes. And I am sure to follow suit here in a few months.
Glad that Hazel is home safe now and all is well. And you know what? There's just something about a re-organized room that just feels GREAT! I do it all the time while forgetting more important stuff, too.
Thanks for sharing! I still think you're one awesome Chick!
Rachel, I just read your last few posts. I cried with your horrible day, smiled at your beautiful girls, and I am feeling empathy for your sludge head. Tevan is almost 3 and I am still forgetting to do things. Troy gets on my case all the time because I forget to do "important" things. Please know that you can leave your girls with me anytime. I would love to help you out. Also, I am glad you made it to Pocatello on time. And, I am glad that you rocked out to the radio and used some of your frustration on the music!!!
Post a Comment