Friday, May 21, 2010

Lashes

One of my favorite features on each of my children is (are?) their eyelashes. I love pretty eyelashes. I'm so lucky to have married a husband with lovely lashes to guarantee long-lash-ed-ladies. (It kind of makes up for the fact that none of my children have inherited my dimples. Kind of.) :)


Violet's eyelashes are growing longer and thicker everyday.


Love that little face.



Lilie -- Halloween 2007
Mascara is a wonderful thing for blonde-lashed girls. :)



Hazel -- Halloween 2007
Again, mascara. Halloween is fun.


The other day, I took the girls to the zoo for the first time this year. We had a wonderful time together. Elsie especially loved chasing the peacocks. (Which, by the way, are so incredible to me. It is amazing to me the many different designs and colors that the Lord has given to birds.)


Seriously, IMPOSSIBLE for me to get a picture with all of them looking at the camera! I swear, I tell them to smile and they start staring off all over the place -- except at me! :)


Elsie has recently decided that she needs to be a princess everyday. Which basically means she wants to wear either a dress or a skirt everyday. You would think that with four girls, this is something we'd be used to by now, but no. Elsie is my first girl to really love "girly" things -- you know, for more than 2 minutes at a time. She loves to carry around a purse (complete with keys and "lists" :) and wear spart-ly (sparkly) shoes. I love it. She was VERY put out yesterday that I wouldn't let her wear the same dress that she had worn the day before and to bed that night (because she refused to take it off --- she even wore she red glittery shoes to bed). She didn't think the food smears on it were as big a deal as I did, apparently. LOL.


This is the face that she now gives me every time I tell her to smile. :)
The funniest thing about this lovely smile is that it's the same one I used to make when I was her age. I love it. 

9 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

check out those lashes! WOWZA! They are certainly beautiful! :)

Love that pic with her eyes wide open and her lashes reaching to the sky. You've got some trouble on your hands come dating age... :)

Michele said...

We have not made it to the zoo yet, looks like you went on a good day. I bet the girls loved it!

Amber said...

Love the lashes. Kaitlyn and Elsie could be twins. Love her self made outfit. Very cool!

Sara Newton said...

You certainly do have beautiful girls! Grace is a VERY girly girl. She won't even leave the house without accessorizing. She says "A Pana!" which means "put it on!" As much as I'm not extremely girly, I love that she is.

Thomas Family said...

I love your family. Your girls are SO cute!

Alisha said...

Those lashes are amazing!! Elsie is so cute with her girlie ways!!! All your girls are cute!

The Moore Family: said...

Love the pictures of your girls, they are adorable, as always! Can't wait to see you guys soon! *Tracy*

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures! I LOVE long eyelashes!! My boys have them too:)

Lisa said...

LoL! Love it! Elsie is so cute, and so funny. All your girls are beautiful. Especially with those lashes! Lovely little ladies!