Monday, April 26, 2010
The Bee's Knees
Oh how I love little chubby baby legs. We haven't ever really had any of these in our family before (chubby, yes. baby chubby, no.), but I sure do like them!
Violet is such a sweet little lady. She loves to be held and snuggled -- which leaves much to be desired by way of laundry and other duties requiring two hands -- but I'm pretty happy to oblige. She smiles at me often. I love it. I think that she has my mouth. Meaning that it's huge. :)
Her sisters absolutely adore her and ask to hold her often. They pretty much think that she's the bee's knees and I have to say that I agree.
I was worried before she was born that Elsie would have a difficult time with the transition out of baby position. -- Cause let's face it, she makes a really great baby. She LOVES being baby. She knows how to work it. -- But amazingly, she has done incredible! She loves her baby Vi. And she always calls her Vi. She got into a fairly heated argument with Lilie the other day about how her name isn't Violet, it's Vi. She loves to give Violet her binky and then exclaim, "I make her happy!!" Elsie has been surprisingly motherly with Violet and loves to snuggle her and "help". Elsie's skin has also proven to be quite sensitive, like Lilie's, and the changing weather has done a number on her poor little lips.
"Take a funny picture of us, Mom!" LOL. They really are funny. Four little girls. :) I'm so lucky. I suppose if we made "unfortunate" looking girls, this would be a tragedy, but that is not the case. I love each of them so much. They are beautiful - on the inside and out.
The past couple months have been both uneventful and busy at the same time. Four kids is a lot of work and yet at the same time, I often feel like I get nothing done. - One of the joys of having a newborn. - I've had mastitis and two UTI's (TMI? Sorry.), which I'm sure have developed as a lovely side effect from the antibiotics I was taking for the mastitis. One of the many wonders of modern medicine. :) This recovery has been in a very different ballpark from my other post-pregnancy months, but even then, I wouldn't change it for the world. I love being a mom so much. I love each of my girls and their differences and eccentricities. I love my sweet, gentle Hazel. I love her desire to experience life to the fullest and drink in every sensory adventure completely. She desires so much to do what is right. I love Lilie's happy, silly view of life. I love her fire. She can do anything that she puts her mind to. I love Elsie's tenacity. She has become quite the little fireball lately. She loves to be my little friend and follows me around through much of the day, copying what I do. I love it. The sun is shining, my house is fairly clean, and Violet slept through the night last night.
I have the best job in the world.
Labels:
Elsie,
Hazel,
LILIE,
motherhood,
Violet
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




7 comments:
Rachel, Violet is so beautiful! All your girls are. I'm sorry to hear about your uncomfortable-ness, and I hope you're able to overcome those...
I still need to come and visit -- if you're still up for a visit. But I'll wait 'til I'm not nervous about passing any illnesses to any other families.
Seriously, you should frame that beautiful last picture--because I have a feeling that in several years they will all be hanging out in a similar situation-- :)
So fun to have to many girls...and they are ALL beautiful--you really did hit the jackpot! :)
I am so glad that you are so happy! You really do have some darling girls that is for sure! I can't wait to see you guys (can you believe it's been a year- that is RIDICULOUS!!!) and I can't wait to me Vi (I think that nickname is going to stick with me- I think it's adorable)
Love ya!
Beautiful! Elsie looks like a giant all of the sudden! What HAPPENED???? I love that she is a good mommy to her little Vi. Sorry to hear you are still having problems. Call me.
Cute pictures! Your girls are very pretty and fun! You are very lucky and blessed to have them:) How funny that Elsie calls her Vi!:) Such sweet girls.
Your girls are darling and chubby knees are the best! My last two have had them!
Love the chubby little legs, I think us moms love them so much because there is some ownership in that accomplishment, right? You do make some cuties!
Post a Comment