Thursday, April 8, 2010

Cheerios

This morning as I was reading blogs, eating Cheerios, and nursing Violet all at the same time, I dripped milk four times on her head. I suppose now we are even, as she has puked on my three times since last night.

Yesterday, I managed to clean my bedroom, the kitchen, and the living room. I washed the dishes and two loads of laundry. I had dinner ready when I called Nels to ask him if he was on his way home. He wasn't. He was planning on staying at work another hour or more. I hate that.

Our Easter dinner was very good. However, I still have not figured out how to have all the dinner done and hot at the same time. Why is that? When does that skill show up?? How do you even learn such a thing?

Conference was wonderful. Why did I feel so overwhelmed all weekend? Oh yeah, because Mommy has been MIA for the past month! Honestly, I haven't done one load of laundry since I had Violet. My mom, Nels's mom, and Nels have all helped, but I have not. Until yesterday -- and today -- and tomorrow, I'm sure. Laundry is my never-ending nemesis.

The girls had an Easter Egg Hunt in the snow on Saturday. That's funny to me. Nels was awesome to dye eggs with the girls that night and then set up another egg hunt for them in the basement Sunday morning. Complete with eggs filled with pennies and dimes. I gave the stipulation that there would be no egg hunts the next morning, until they cleaned up the disaster they had created in their bedroom, positive that either I would end up doing it all myself, or it wouldn't happen until 4 o'clock in the afternoon. I was pleasantly surprised when Hazel woke me up at 7:30, having already completed the task and ready for fun. I was amazed and they had a wonderful time together searching. They were so excited and made numerous other egg hunts for one another throughout the day.

I don't do Easter baskets. I feel like Easter should be about the Savior and not the Easter Bunny. I've never really understood the "Easter Bunny" -- no offense to all you who do it that way, I just don't get it. The one Easter present (other than eggs) that I do like to get for the girls is a new dress. However, since Easter also fell on Conference Weekend and they wouldn't be wearing them that day, I waited to buy their dresses until I found them for 50% off this week. I'm a cheap-o. :)

Elsie's new favorite song to sing: "Wheneva I hear, da song of biwd or loot at da blue, blue sty, Wheneva I hear, da wain on my face or loot at da blue, blue sty . . . " Another new favorite song: "Single Ladies" - First Beyonce song I've ever been tempted to own. We heard it at the store and she immediately informed me (as did both the other girls) that "I like this silly song!"

I think Violet is starting to learn how to smile at people. It's awesome.

I'm not normally a very "hormonal" person. Thus far in my existence, it's not been a huge problem. However, the past two months, I often feel like a total nut job. Being pregnant, having a baby, nursing, recovering, being sick, and taking antibiotics is really doing a number on me. Sometimes I just feel. Too. Much. I think I need to start exercising again.

I really love being a mom. Even if it's hard to clean the fish tank or make dinner or sweep or fold laundry with a newborn who really, really likes her mommy, I love it and wouldn't change it for the world. I love my new little baby and her beautiful little self. I love my bigger babies and their beautiful little selves.

Someday I will no longer feel like I'm thinking through fog. Someday my blog will be fun to read again. :)

7 comments:

Marci said...

thanks for giving me your blog address.. I think I've pretty much read it all. You make me laugh and it brought me back to high school chemistry. thanks for being such a great friend and not throwing my off a bridge like I probably deserved at the time!

Perry's said...

I always love reading your blog. Your mom and I were talking the other day about how much we love your blog. We think you need to write books. You do so well at writing. It is always entertaining. When you right you paint pictures in people head. I always feel like I was there. Your a wonderful mom. I love you.

Alisha said...

I always like reading your blog because its so real and tells the real story and not just the glossy parts! I totally agree about the Easter Bunny thing! We give new clothes as well and maybe a little candy! Feel better!

lynsey said...

let me just say the easter bunny freaks me out. big time. caleb & i walked by him in the mall & i was tempted to tell him a scary story about him so he wouldn't beg to go see him, but i refrained. (i did however say, "oh that's just some crazy guy dressed up like a bunny." and then distracted him by walking by the new puppies at the pet shop. phew!)

we don't do the easter bunny either, caleb knows it's from us and we keep the baskets small. and my favorite part is that we dump out all of the candy and then re-hide the eggs over and over and over. countless hours of entertainment!

i'd love to hear little elsie bug sing that song, you need to video tape it!

and good heavens i forgot to comment about the MASTITIS. oh my world that is the worst thing ever. i remember i thought i was dying, with a fever up to 105! i mean like we need one more thing to have thrown at us, huh??

i hope you feel better and am glad that even though you feel 'foggy' you continue to write. because i love reading it, i get to feel like we're still connected even though we're so far away.

p.s. not to throw this one at you, but i'm pretty sure we'll be coming through UT sometime late july/early august. if we can meet up some how it would totally make the vacation!!

Sara : Confetti Sunshine said...

I hear you on the laundry.. And I only have one little kiddo...It really is never ending! why can't they come up with disposable, biodegradable, eco friendly, organic, CHEAP, trendy clothes? seriously.. is that too much to ask?

Julian said...

The three times, since having a baby, that I have made it a point to have dinner ready to serve when Julian walks in the door are the three times that he gets home 2 hours late. Why is that?

I consider my kids and husband very smart when they look in the dryer for their clothes instead of their closets, as that's where a load of laundry can be found for a couple of days.

Love that I can relate to you!

Amber said...

oh whatever!!! your blog is always fun to read. and you are always fun to talk to. I just love you. You are doing a great job! I love that you got even with Violet. You make me smile.
I hear you on the whole Easter bunny thing. We don't have one at our house either.
I think we all love that song about "da blue blue sty" because of Grandma. She sang it to our Mom's and the sang it to us and now we sing it to them. I love that song. It makes me happy. It makes me want to make it to our Heavenly Home. Love you. Call me anytime. I know how hard it is to have your hubby gone.