First. Antibiotics. What a bittersweet breakthrough. I'm truly thankful for them. I am. But I don't necessarily love the side effects. Things like upset baby tummies. The possibility of yeast infections. And most importantly having to somehow, in my deranged state, manage to remember to take them FOUR TIMES A DAY. What?? Two capsules, four times a day, for TEN DAYS?? Also, on an empty stomach. One hour before or 2-3 hours after eating. Some days I don't remember to brush my hair or put on deodorant (TMI?) how do I remember to take these pills??? Who invented these directions???
Second. I think I am a social freakazoid. It's true. I have inherent tendencies which seem to go against the social norm. Specifically? There are times when I like to be a social hermit. Times when I desire (and then do my best) to entirely drop off the radar. I don't always like answering the phone -- or calling people back. (What? You've noticed?? :) And it's not just the phone. I'm terrible about setting up "play dates" for my kids --- or even setting up "play dates" for myself. I don't always like committing to social engagements, because maybe when it comes around, I won't feel like going. And the worst part of it all? There's really not a reason for it. It's not like when I feel this way I'm having a bad day or I'm depressed. I can often be in high spirits and having a fabulous time at whatever it is I'm doing. -- For whatever reason, I just don't feel like having anybody else there in my little bubble. Sometimes I just like being a recluse. It's weird.
That being said, I don't always feel that way. So don't stop calling and don't stop inviting me to do things. That would be a very sad result of sharing my weirdness on this blog. I'm just commenting on this odd observation I've made (and I'm sure others of you have made :) about myself. I really enjoy having friends. :) I also really enjoy just being by myself sometimes. Or just being me and my little family. Sometimes I think I could have been born as a frontier wife and been perfectly content with it. Just me and my immediate family almost completely cut off from the world. (Then I actually start contemplating what that would mean and remember that I like living in the 21st century.)
But, sometimes . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment