Darn. I was going to post a Fabulous Friday post, then realized that it's not even Thursday night. It's Wednesday! :) Well. Today is a Fabulous Wednesday. :)
1. Seven weeks left. That's fabulous. I haven't been counting the days or anything, I'm just fine with seven more weeks, but I'm excited that it's only seven. Maybe I haven't been as active this pregnancy, chasing three children around . . . (uh, maybe not) or whatever, maybe I'm just getting old :), but the last few weeks my hips and legs have been giving me grief. My nerves are pinched and standing or sitting, I still seem uncomfortable if I do anything too long. I've also developed a definite waddle - or so I feel. :) Good thing I bought those cute new pants, or I really might not like being pregnant right now! :)
2. We've pretty much settled on a name. Exciting, huh? The girls refer to her by it all the time. I love it. -- But I'm not going to share. Mean, aren't I? I'm not one who worries about someone "stealing" my name or anything and I'm pretty secure with my choices, however, sometimes I just don't want comments. You never know when some pregnant crazy woman might pop up in my place and I don't need a bunch of feedback on name choices. I just want to like it because I like it.
3. My girls have been in bed for the past half hour and Nels is gone for the evening. The house is quiet, the kitchen is clean, the refrigerator is stocked, my basement is vacuumed, and I'm at a happy place with my laundry. --------- Scratch that. I hear Elsie laughing upstairs. :) I guess falling asleep in the car at five o'clock with no dinner wasn't a good bedtime for her! :) Oh well. With or without her, I'm going to watch Netflix movies and sew tonight. :)
4. Elsie is doing very well at potty training! Oh happy day! She has the inevitable accidents, but not a lot and I think that she's going to have it down really soon. At least that's what I'm praying for! :) (I hate potty training. In my opinion, it is the worst part of parenting thus far. I would go through labor all over again to avoid potty training. I hate it. Please, please, please let Elsie be one of those "easy children"!!!)
5. I have wonderful children with fabulous personalities! They are each so unique. I love them so much! Elsie has recently developed a fun speech pattern where she ends sentences with right and huh. "Where's my daddy, huh?" "Where's my sister, huh?" "Where's it, huh?" "You get me breakfast, right? Right, Mom? Right?" I love it. When Lilie is trying to finagle a situation, she begins all her sentences with "Well . . . " (Something that I realized today she picked up from her mother.) "Lilie, what is this doing in your room??" "Well . . . " :) Today at the Melaleuca store, she really wanted me to put some of the sample makeup on her (blue eyeshadow, in particular) and for once, I obliged. She was so happy with her blush, Caribbean eyes, and red lips. I smiled every time I looked at her. :) Hazel has recently wanted (needed) to help with everything. Granted, she has always been this way to some extent, but lately, she just can't get enough of it. Every time I start to cook, she wants to know if she can do it. She's also very into being able to do things by herself. Today she carried on a fifteen minute conversation with me in the car about all the things that she'll be able to do when she's big enough to drive a car. Her favorite idea is that she could go - all by herself - to get dinner for everyone. -- And maybe she could bring Elsie with her when she goes. :) Obviously going through a new stage of independence. :) She also was wondering if big people every live across the street from their moms. She'd like to live across the street from her mom when she's big and a mom. :)
3 comments:
When she is a teenager and can't wait to get out of the house. Just remind her that she wanted to live next door to her parents when she grows up.
I can't wait to see the new little chick. All your girls are beautiful, she will be beautiful also. I can't wait.
7 more weeks. I hope it goes by so fast so your pain will go away. I loved not being pregnant. But I also loved feeling the baby kick.
This week has seem long to me too! I can't thinking that yesterday was Friday too! What a week! Your girls are so cute and have such great personalities!
Of course she would want to live across the street from you. Who wouldn't!?!
Post a Comment