Christmas morning was fabulous! The girls woke up around seven and chaos then ensued.
A blue long-neck. What more could a 4-year-old girl want in all the world? :)
Well, other than a marshmallow gun!?
And what 6-year-old girl doesn't dream of Santa Claus
bringing her some more Legos?
And with light sabers to boot!
My one semi-normal daughter was so thrilled with her
new dolly (with hair) and all her new dolly clothes ---
including a nightgown just like hers! :)
And a princess dress with red sparkly shoes from Grandma!
I have to say that I think my favorite present that any of us got were new comforters! We opened those 4 enormous boxes last. A perfect way to end a crazy morning. Wrapped up in cloudy comfy-ness and eating candy and peanuts! :)
It was a beautiful, relaxed Christmas morning. Nels and I got in a two hour nap and then we had leftovers and made suncatchers with our girls. That afternoon we got packed up and headed to Mnt. Home to visit Grandma and Grandpa Chick, where we had a wonderful time playing with Nels' family. I'm so thankful to have such wonderful in-laws!
Even though I was still suffering through a very strained voice and lethargic bod, Saturday night Nels and I stayed quite late at his sister, Kendall's, house playing Rock Band and having a good old time hanging out with her and her hubby, Jeremy. Heading back over to his parents' at about 2:00, we were greeted with a puking Lilie, who was cared for much of the night by her loving father. Sunday was fine and then Sunday night both Hazel and Elsie went through the same ordeal (as did their daddy) from about 10 to 4. One would get back in bed and minutes later the other would be up puking again. So sad. I'm so thankful for my sweet, sweet husband who allowed me to get what little sleep I could, as I was still pretty sick myself. (I've been battling a horrendous cold for roughly three weeks. It is only now almost gone, but left me feeling pretty cruddy on top of being nearly seven months pregnant.)
Last week we had a grand old time recovering our health and pretty much just hiding out at home. We had a couple of small get-togethers with friends on New Year's Eve and Day, but Nels was pretty unimpressed with my lack of enthusiasm for staying up till midnight that night. :) I think I passed out while he continued watching SNL's The Best of John Belushi around 11:00.
All in all, barring the puke, we had such a wonderful Christmas together. The girls have repeatedly requested that we have Christmas at home every year from now on and I am ever so happy to fulfill their request.







No comments:
Post a Comment