1. I'm glad today is Friday. That is fabulous to me. I'm really tired of getting up and getting everyone out the door by 8:30 every morning. Nels' car has been on the blink for the past couple weeks and I've been needing to take him to work. I'm exhausted of getting up, feeding everybody, getting all the coats and boots on, doing Hazel's hair, making Nels lunch, and then driving 15 minutes over and 15 minutes back all by 9. Let alone then going to pick him up at dinner time. I like being a 2 car family. I do not like being rushed in the morning. Hallelujah for Friday. I get one day of not rushing tomorrow.
2. January is almost over and I can't believe it! How does time go by so fast?! Hazel brought home her "second semester" report the other day. I'm excited to see the progress that she has made through the first half of the school year. There are things that she is still working on -- like writing her name with no curly-cues, hearts, or letters "beautifully" hooked together :) - but she is such an excellent student! She tells me often that she loves school and she loves learning. She is such a genuine, happy girl and probably one of the most complimentary children on the planet. If she thinks it, she says it. :) And she just loves to experience life. She tells me about lots of the different kids at school. Which ones were nice that day and which ones weren't. I asked her the other day if sometimes she is not nice. She said no. That she is always nice. And I honestly believe her. Hazel doesn't think mean things. Even with her sisters, she rarely gets grouchy or sharp. She's such a tender child. - I can't believe how fast she is growing.
3. It has been kind of foggy the past two nights - and cold. As a result it has left the most exquisite hoar frost flocking everything. It's gorgeous.
4. Almost finished sewing all my bedding. Maybe I'll post a picture later today. - By the way. I love colors. I love fabric. I love finding the perfect fabric.
5. Elsie and Lilie are playing together happily and I believe they will remain that way for at least another hour. :) They are supposed to be cleaning up Elsie's bedroom that they demolished before breakfast this morning. They've been in there for the past hour. It still looks the same. I imagine in an hour, when I need to go pick up Hazel, it will still look the same - but there is the odd chance that they will actually accomplish their task. And if nothing else, I got two full hours of relative quiet with no tv, minimal fighting, and them being locked in the bedroom! :)

3 comments:
That picture is totally awesome. I love it!
I do love that picture. I love your Friday posts.
I am sorry that you have one car. It is hard. I have wondered how we would servive with one car. It would be so hard. It is nice that your girls get along and play instead of cleaning room.
My girls play in Rya crib instead of going to bed. having girls is great.
I love you
Oh my word that picture is hilarious!!! Love it!!! So cute that Hazel writes her name with little swirls and hearts. it makes me smile.
Post a Comment