Considering that I have spent approximately 3 full years of those past 7 growing children inside my body, I decided that flattering or not, I would indulge the masses.
33 weeks - or about 7 1/2 months.
Only 7 left to go!
I was kind of irritated in this picture that Nels was still following
me around, clicking away, as I was trying to get ready to go to a meeting.
I also love the sewing mess that has become
my bedroom in the background. :)
I've been smiling over the past seven months about gals I know that are pregnant at the same time I am and have been obsessing over their coming babies. Over the course of the last several pregnancies, my brain has seemed to have developed a bit of a defense mechanism (against anxiety and impatience) to where I don't think a lot about being pregnant until the last couple of months. The fact is, I hate waiting. I hate counting days and appointments. It makes me crazy.
Last night as I was at a Relief Society Meeting, one of the women was asking about my pregnancy and what our plans are for this and that associated with bring another baby into our home. I answered what I could and then laughed off the rest with an, "I figure we've got plenty of time to figure that out . . . during the next . . . few weeks." And it hit me. Statistically speaking, this baby will probably come within the next 5 to 6 weeks. (As each of my other children have been a week to two weeks early.) I had a bit of a wake up call. I'm still not going to bust out the crib right now or start washing onesies and socks, but . . . That is not very long. And I'm starting to feel the prickles of excitement and anxiety at the coming month or so.
I had a dream last night about a beautiful little dark-haired baby with hair so long it was halfway down her little back! :) LOL! I thought it was funny that I would be able to put a ponytail in my newborn's hair. :) It was happy and silly -- a nice change from the only other pregnancy related dream that I have had, which was flashbacks from previous deliveries and not being able to follow through with my plans at going "natural" this time. That one wasn't happy OR silly.


16 comments:
Look at you, hot mamma! I can't believe how long it's been since I've SEEN you. Last time I saw you you hardly had a bump at all.
You really look adorable!
♥♥♥
Aw Rach. I sure do love hearing your voice in my head! Oh, and by the way, you don't look stupid in pictures...you look beautiful as a pregnant lady!
You look awesome! The nesting will soon kick in!
I have to agree with the masses, you look smokin'!! I looked so swollen and weird, but you just look like your skinny, lovely self with a little bump. I am jealous. I can't wait to see your little girl. Your dream may come true. Addison definately has enough hair for pig tails at least. Maybe you've been looking at so many pictures of her it is influencing your dreams :)
Seriously Rachel, you look so good.
You are beautiful. I can't believe how skinny you are. I love the little belly. You look like you are in great shape. I miss you. I have not seen you in forever.
I would love it if your new born had hair down to her back! I would give her such a fun cut! Take care these next few weeks! You look AAAAMazzzzing!
You're just one of those cutie preggo ladies...the ones I envy! :)
You look great! And I have to agree that pregnancy dreams are freaky sometimes... :)
oh i am so jealous! you look really good pregnant.. really. my face was the first thing to chub up and i HATED it. seriously.. im jealous.
All I can say is that pregnancy #4 is a far cry from what pregnancy #1 was, Sara. :) Each has been unique, but "outwardly" #1 was the most . . . unflattering! :)
What are you talking about? You look fantastic! We can't wait to see you guys and little....Violet??!!! Please tell me! I won't tell anyone-except Bella.
You look amazing. No need to worry at all. And if you are serious about going natural... check into hypnobirthing ASAP! Especially if you only have a few weeks left. It worked for me... both labors (and they were pitocin induced). Best of luck and keep us posted!!
I love the name that your girls have for the little girl. I wont say anything. I just read it on facebook. Can't wait to meet her.
LOL! YOur dream made me laugh!!! At least she wouldn't be able to get away while you put the pony tail in. Ha! Ha! Ha! BTW, you look fantastic!!! Love your hair cut!
You always look so cute and small when you're pregnant!! I envy that very much!!
Rachel, you look darling! I love your hair! It looks GREAT! And your "baby bump" looks so good! You really do look great. Thanks for sharing. Now I feel a bit more confident in sharing some pics of me. If you can do it, then maybe (just maybe) I can, too.
Post a Comment