Thursday, January 7, 2010

Christmas Eve 2009

I don't really have anything specific to say right now, but I DO feel like blogging. So I'll post a couple of the pictures that I have from Christmas Eve and a few random others from December. :) I'll finish posting about Christmas Day soon, when I get Nels to download the rest of the pictures.







........................................................................................................................








It seems that ALL of them have crazy-looking faces in these pictures, but nonetheless, you can see the nightgowns that I made for each of them! :) They turned out really cute and I was so pleased.

Christmas Eve was funny, in that I had talked to the girls about their getting to open one present that night and for days beforehand, they were asking and guessing which one and what it would be. This just blows me away because we do this EVERY Christmas. They ALWAYS open pajamas. You would think that Hazel, being six, would remember this. Nope. So I was kind of concerned that they wouldn't be excited about their nightgowns because they weren't the toys that they'd been guessing. True to form, however, they made their mommy's night by being thrilled with their new nightgowns and still want to wear them every night, if they're clean. :)



 Group pictures at this stage are seriously a joke. Is it this difficult at your house?
I kind of think that my children have photo-ADD. Still cute though, aren't they? :)
I love these wiggly kids!

Christmas Eve (and Day) could not have been better (well, other than the part about staying up until three in the morning finishing Elsie's present of dolly clothes). This was our first year staying home and enjoying the holiday just as a family. It. Was. Glorious. We had so much fun. It was so relaxed. We had a semi-candlelit dinner Christmas Eve, followed by opening jammies and reading a bit of Luke 2. We talked about Jesus and why we celebrate Christmas (lest Lilie once again tell me that Christmas is about magic . . . :). Each of them went to bed happy and excited for the coming day.

As I mentioned, Mr. and Mrs. Claus were up quite late that night, but it was still so much fun to set up Christmas for our children in our own home. I could not have been filled with more contentment.

6 comments:

lynsey said...

you guys stayed home too! we felt the same way, it was so much fun and so relaxing and in a weird way...felt so grown up. that sounds lame but it's true! finally our little family doing our own thing. those nightgowns are adorable...and i LOVE lilie's face in her individual shot! :)

Rachel said...

Adorable jammies!

Sara Newton said...

LOVE, love, love those jammies! Good job Rachel! We wanted to stay home this year, but a certain sister-in-law chose to get married right after Christmas, so it just made sense to be there for both big days. And in the end, we're glad she's married and that we were there. :)

Life for the Pillings said...

Way too go on the jammies!!! Do I put in my order now or in a couple months for next Christmas. :0) j/k
I have to agree staying home this year was very relaxing! Cute pictures!!

Alisha said...

Super cute nightgowns! Christmas with kids is so special! Glad yours was awesome!

Amber said...

beautiful nighties!!!! You are so talented!