Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Zippidee-ay and Hidey Ho!

I cannot believe that my spunky little Lady Lilie is four years old! It's the oddest thing, but I just feel like she was three for a really long time. Like she was born as a three year old. :) Well, regardless of my amazement -- we had the great joy of celebrating her fourth birthday this last week. 

Her Grandma wasn't able to make it up that day, due to there being a shortage of nurses that morning she, was called in to work, but we still had a wonderful day! We were able to eat at her favorite "kid" restaurant, complete with incredible slippery slides and kiddie rides, for lunch and then had fun present shopping and just having fun with her mommy and her sisters. Lilie got an extra special treat for her birthday, in that her daddy got to actually be home on her birthday night! :) (He worked a total of about 85 hours that week, so really, it was a special treat to see him that night!) We had a wonderful chocolate cake, complete with blue frosting (of course) and opened her presents. 

When I asked Lilie what she wanted to do for her birthday, she said that she wanted to go to a movie - the Monsters and Aliens movie that is coming out. She said that she would rather do this than have a birthday party and I was, of course, thrilled with this idea. We had a wonderful little birthday party with just our little family, celebrating our Lilie J. together. Just the way (I think) birthdays are meant to be celebrated! :)

I love my Lilie so much! It is so amazing the transformation that takes place in families when each child is born. - They change the dynamic, they change you. It is such a joy to be her parent! She keeps me on my toes. She teaches me so much about patience :) and love. She is such an active girl, she is also such a cuddly and tender little child. She loves to be tickled! She loves for me to gently and ever so lightly rub my fingers up and down her arms or across her back. She loves those tickly little touches that drive just about anyone else up the wall! :) 

This past year she has learned so much! She knows all her letters, upper and lower case, and can tell you what each one says. She can read and write basic words --- even thought at first she'll say that she can't. And draws the best robots and multi-legged animals you will ever see! She also has one of the absolutely delightful and contagious laughs in the entire world - it comes clear from her toes! She laughs a lot and thinks lots of things in life are funny.

I love you, Lilie! So very much! I am so thankful that you are my daughter and my friend! Happy Birthday, darling!

3 comments:

Alisha said...

Happy Birthday, Lilie! They grow up so fast! I remember her as the baby that would get stuck under your coach when we had meetings! Wasn't that just yesterday? Ne ways... all your girls are amazing and beutiful!

Amber said...

Oh my gosh! I love the pictures of Lilie with her cake. She is great! I can't believe she knows all her letters and sounds. Wow. YOu have smart little girls! Lilie is a delight! I have loved getting to know her through our brief visit and your wonderful blog!
She makes me laugh!

lynsey said...

one of the reasons i am so glad that you blog is i feel like i get to know your girls even though you live far away. and i must say, i LOVE lilie's personality! of course i haven't been the one to clean up all of her messes. ;) but all of her troublemaking makes me laugh and smile. happy birthday to a cute girl!