1. I ran again today. Wednesday was no big deal - it was even enjoyable. Granted I was a little ornery and mad, so maybe the emotion just carried me along, but today was an entirely different story. Uugg. I was ready to stop before I got started, but I did it anyway. Despite being tired, ornery, lack-luster, yelled and whined at all morning, and then whined and cried at the entire time I was running. Hooray for me! I'm in desperate need of shedding some "hibernation pounds" which I inevitably seem to pack away each winter. I'm going to do it. ---- As an aside, do any of you "runners" out there find it harder to run if you've eaten within the last hour or so? I think I do better on an empty stomach.
2. It is FRIDAY and the movie "Monsters and Aliens" comes out today. Hopefully we will get to take Hazel and Lilie to it, as was Lilie's birthday request. Just need a babysitter for IttyBitty. :)
3. All three of the girls are GOING to take a nap today. They got to bed later than usual and woke up the same time as usual. Which is the usual outcome. SO they will be taking an UNusual nap. I'm excited. :)
4. Nels did the dishes for me last night and made most of dinner. He is such a wonderful husband and I love him so much. He is always willing to help me out and rarely comments about my shortcomings as a wife. What a great guy!
5. I had a rare quiet moment with my girls today. So often we are running around, working, playing, getting ready, cleaning up, etc. that on days where the girls are feeling out of sorts (for whatever reason) it's just rough. I expect them to behave in ways that they are obviously incapable of doing and we all get mad. It's really no fun. This morning, recognizing that it was one of those days from the get go, sat on the couch with my girls telling them what we needed and wanted to do today and that they were going to take a nap - due to a late bedtime last night and another one scheduled for tonight. I talked to them about what each of us can do to help things go better when we are having a hard day. We read a scripture and sang a couple of quiet songs. It was good. Unusual. And good.
2 comments:
Yeah for running!! YOu can do it! YOu are such a great mom to sit down with your girls to teach, sing, and read. You're awesome!
That is so awesome that you sat down with your girls and taught them about hard days. I think that I also learned something! Thanks, Rachel!
Post a Comment