Friday, December 5, 2008

Did you know?

Did you know, 

that when my house is messy, I don't feel creative. And when I don't feel creative, I don't blog. And when one room is a disaster, I don't feel any desire to clean the others? (Well, except the kitchen . . . . that one just has to be done . . . . every once in a while. :) Then everything feels like a mess and then I don't even feel the gumption to work on the one room that is the root of the problem. 

However! I DID get the rest of my tiles cut last night and I did get the remaining tiles put on the wall this afternoon. And I DID get the drywall painted. Today.

Even though I don't feel like it, I am working hard to get the "messy room" remedied, so that I can have my life back.

Did you also know that when Nels doesn't come home until late at night, I feel like I have no purpose? That's weird. I feel like the day has no end. That I'm not working toward any specific goal. Nels is my goal. :) Too bad I will see very little of him this month. (But seriously, Rachel, come on! You've live much of your married life with your husband not coming home until the wee hours of the morning. What are you complaining about??? One month? Chump change!)

Also, did you know that every year I get a live tree. I love my little tree and I decorating it with painstaking care (For real. I put the lights on myself (well, not ON MYSELF - that would be weird) every year (because I'm obsessive compulsive) and my arms itch all night long from the pricks). I check the water every day. They are such cute little trees. And every year (for the past 4 years) my trees have dried up before Christmas?? This makes me so angry. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I cut off the end. Why do they die?! Tell me!!! This year. I will NOT have a dead tree for Christmas. Come hell or high water, I will not have a dead tree! Do you hear me!?? 

Did you know that every night, I fight going to sleep? Why? Why do I do this? I just don't understand. I'm always tired. I just don't like to and I feel like I have no control over myself. Why can't I be like my sister, Melissa, who is tucked sweetly in her bed with her hubby at her side at 8:00 every night? :) Why do I fight it? I just don't know. Even now, I'm thinking. Maybe I should start a movie. Watching a movie, wrapped in a blanket, with the warm glow of Christmas lights making the room all pink-ish and pretty. It sounds inviting, doesn't it? You want to come watch a movie with me at midnight? Come on, Clanc, I know you're dying to do it!

Did you know that hopefully in the next few days, I'll have something to show you? I'm excited. Too bad work has to come before excited sometimes. 

11 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

I CAN'T WAIT to see your exciting progress~! I am like you though--hard to feel creative when it's a mess. I think that's why I moved all the leftover boxes to my bedroom when we moved in so I could make the rest of our living space great before tackling those little bits and pieces...

Deanna said...

I can't wait to see pictures, either!!! Sounds like your working hard while I'm hardly workin'. I better get myself in gear!!!

We do need to get together...but like you said, this month is crazy!!! January definately settles down a bit. Sounds like a plan!

lynsey said...

you know if we lived closer ben & i would show up on your doorstep for the midnight movie. with caleb sleeping on our shoulders.

there's nothing better than doing anything with just the christmas lights on. even if it's cleaning!

we'll email you when we get to utah so that we can get together.

ClancyPants said...

Did you know that I could have written this post?! I felt like it was me talking or writing or reading. Oh wait... it was me reading! But it felt like my voice and not yours. (except for that whole "Nels is my goal" part. That wasn't quite my voice. It's more of a Dustin is my goal kind of deal.) That's why I love you, Rach, cuz you're me! Almost, anyway.

And as I was reading and you were asking if it sounded inviting to watch a movie, I was thinking, "Heck yes! I would totally come over!" and then you said, "Come on, Clanc, I know you're dying to do it!" I laughed. Hard. You know the kind of laugh that if you have a drink of Sprite or apple juice in your mouth and you laugh and it sprays out all over? Ya, that's the kind of laugh I did when I read that part. It's a good thing I wasn't drinking anything because my monitor would be covered in something sticky right now. Unless it was water. Then it would just be wet. Either way, I wouldn't have been happy because, you know, electronics and liquids aren't my favorite combination.

I love you!

ClancyPants said...

And I would come over anytime and watch that movie at midnight! You know I would. This whole single mom for the week thing kinda limits me cuz babysitters are harder to find at midnight, but Dustin will have a little break from that job in January.

New Year's Resolution? I've already got mine! Watch a movie at midnight with my friend Rachel!

ClancyPants said...

Oh yeah... and that whole part about not blogging when the house is messy... that wasn't so much me. I'll blog any time, any place, any how, and any level of messy house. I can't be stopped!

ClancyPants said...

Holy commentorhea, Batman!

Life for the Pillings said...

Okay first off - I don't go to bed at 8:00! I got to bed at 10:00 :0) LOL. And second, I too have been going to bed with out my dear hubby the past three nights (sniff, sniff). You crack me up! I love reading your posts. You have such a way of expressing yourself through words - something that I'm not the best at doing. I can't wait to see all your projects - I keep checking your blog waiting to see if you have put up pictures yet. Since you aren't going to give me any clues as too what it is that you have been so dutifully working on you need to call me - guess I could call you. Hope to see them soon. Love Ya!

Rachel Chick said...

Clancy! You make me laugh so hard!
Lynsey, I can't wait to see you guys! DON'T forget to call!!!

And Melissa . . . . You know you sometimes go to bed at eight . . . . or at least it's super funny to tease . . . . nope, sometimes you go to bed at eight!! :) LOL!

The Hills said...

Wow. You could take the words right out of my mouth. Except I'm all for John and not Nels, which is a really good thing for both of us. And like others, I can really blog whenever, exept when my kids are screaming at me because they are hungry, which happens all too often.

Amber said...

Oh, good I am not the only one with a million things to do and can hardly decide what is the most important thing to do next. I hope you finish your projects soon so I can hear more from you! Good luck!! You're amazing!!!