Friday, December 12, 2008

Friday's Fabulous Five!

Friday again, and I am actually going to remember to do my Fabulous's. :)

1. One of the most fabulous things in my life is definitely the fact that my children still seem to love me even when I am a crazy, screaming, ranting, raving, angry mom. They really are the most fabulous children . . . even though they don't seem capable of obeying or staying on task some times.

2. My fabulous husband who works incredibly hard for our little family. Even when he has to stay LATE many, many nights after work to do it. He is truly wonderful!

3. My Christmas tree doesn't appear to be dead yet and we have less than two weeks to go! :) It's a Christmas miracle!

4. The girls' room is finally clean!!! Another miracle. Okay, I did most of the work, but it's finally organized. Hopefully, this will help them with their endeavor of keeping it livable. 

5. Nels will be working late tonight (again) and tomorrow, so I'm going to clean quickly, and start working on some of my sewing projects tonight. Do you want to hear my list of things sewing projects that I hope to accomplish in the next few weeks? I know you do. :)

*Pajamas for all the girls (At this point I probably would have just bought them, but considering that I bought fabric for Hazel's last year, that never got made, and I already have fabric that I can use for Elsie's . . . plus, my mom always did . . . so yeah, pajamas.

*Dresses - BEAUTIFUL DRESSES - for all three little ladies. Yet another project started last year and not completed. I have the most gorgeous pink, blue, and purple brocade to make the dresses out of and I'm really excited . . . . for them to wear them . . . . not necessarily to make them, sadly. Oh well, hopefully they'll turn out to be lovely Christmas dresses instead of Easter dresses. :)

I'm also wanting to make a new shower curtain for my new bathroom, curtain for the girls' bedrooms, and curtains for the living room - but these projects can wait until the new year. :)

So you think I can do it? Three sets of pajamas and three dresses in less than two weeks? We'll see!

7 comments:

Deanna said...

YOU CAN DO IT!!!! I KNOW YOU CAN!!!!!

Perry's said...

Sounds like a good Friday. Our tree is also not dead. I don't know if you do this. But to keep it so it doesn't die fast. Put 2 Aspirin in the water. it works great.

ClancyPants said...

Heck ya, you can! You're a rockstar!

Lisa said...

Rachel, I totally understand about the projects started but never finished. I am the QUEEN of unfinished projects. We can be QUEENS together, K? :)
I'd say, do the P.Js, buy the dresses. Save the dresses for Easter. That's a lot to do. But if you put your mind to it, I bet you could get 'er done! Good luck.
Maybe we should have a "GET 'ER DONE" Party or contest? hmm. . . motivation, incentive. hmm. . . something to think on, anyhow. or maybe start a club? hahaha j/k. Just, i've got stuff I need to do, too. And instead, I'm BLOGGING! LOL. *sigh* okay, leaving your blog to you. I'll blog on mine. ;)

Amber said...

Yeah!!! I am glad your tree is still alive. Only 9 more days. You can do it tree!!!
You totally can do it all! You are one amazing talented woman!! If you can tile a shower you can make pj's and dresses. You're awesome Oochie!

Lindsey and Brett said...

You can do it! I don't know how to sew, but pajamas and dresses are easy, right? Just kidding. But seriously, I'm sure you can do it :)

Anonymous said...

Good Luck! IT sounds like a lot of work! I'm sure they'll turn out great!