For the majority of our marriage, we have not had television service. We recently got an antenna (how old school is that?!) and so now we have local service. Tonight, being worn out and procrastinating some of my self appointed projects, I sat down and vegged --- while Elsie went to sleep --- and then woke up --- and then went to sleep --- and then woke up --- and so on . . . until I just let her run around like a crazy woman. SO. I was watching TV and all I can say is, "Seriously? THIS is what I've been missing out on? Well, I wasn't missing much." Let's see if I can give you an adequate rundown:
Only ONE slight on Mormons tonight
Christmas memories where so and so's mom slept with Santa Claus - Oh, and he ran over his mom, then waited 8 minutes to call 911.
A guy gets all of his dad's keepsakes, which he then auctions off for pennies in front of a hospital - because he just never felt like his dad loved him - :( sad, huh?
A lesbian couple - one member has cancer and they have a six month old baby. We got to listen to some lady describe how "they were giddy as school girls" when running off to Massachusetts, marrying her "partner". Nice. (Yep, I'm a bigot.)
Then a pregnant illegal alien and her husband come into the hospital in labor and these horrible hideous immigration officers come right in as they're doing a c-section, demanding she has to come with them NOW. **Roll eyes, here.*** Seriously. Immigration officers are ALL horrible unfair people, picking on these innocent people that just break the law, dragging them out of their comfortable homes - and hospitals. Sad.
We are surrounded by such bad people. Mormons. Immigration officers. And, whoops, don't forget the little old lady bringing marijuana brownies into the ER and the doctor who told her husband that she just couldn't (wouldn't) try to work on their marriage anymore. Because he let their kids go to a party. -- Where they got in a car accident. What a jerk of a husband. -- Oh, and he also took in a homeless person's dog. -- Unacceptable.
Tell you what, six years of not watching NBC really hasn't done me any harm . . .
(Sorry to any of you out there who think that I'm being harsh. I just wasn't impressed. Just my opinion.)
8 comments:
There ARE good shows...really!! :) I watched part of the 8 minute wait to call 911 show...don't even know what it's called. But it was ridiculous and I turned it off. But I do like ER. For whatever reason. Kind of silly scenarios...guess it just takes me back to the old days. That show has been around a LONG time! :)
Anyway, there's got to be something better on tonight...20/20???
Yep! I feel the same way. No more channel surfing for me. I had a similar run-down a few weeks ago, when I watched bits and pieces of four different popular shows one night and I was offended and/or shocked at each one of them. I know which shows I enjoy and I know what night they're playing. Of course, since we have DirecTV, I can always find something enjoyable. I usually end up watching Modern Marvels, Unwrapped, and Dirty Jobs with the family. There are only a handful of shows that I like on the local stations. Anyway, it sounds like your 'vegging' wasn't as much fun as you wanted it to be. So . . . get to work . . . I'm patiently waiting for project photos =).
All I have to say is Amen! I felt the same way just two nights ago. I sat down and flipped on the tv because Yes we finally get some reception after three years of not having tv. And I was just as disgusted! It amazes me how we (our world) has allowed ourselves to become so laxed about things! Ne ways...Amen and Amen!
Thanks for letting me know what I'm missing out on, as we don't have TV either. Sounds like I should hurry up and sign up for cable or something, right!? Such quality programming....
Oh good, because I was starting to worry I was missing something, too. Guess I don't even need to find out! You just did the reasearch for me! THANKS!
I knew it! I knew I wasn't missing out on anything. Even though my neighbors and friends look at me like I'm a freak when I tell them I don't have tv. LOL!
I understand what you're saying, but I don't, LOL. The 8 minutes to call 911 is called "30 Rock" and I love that show. It's so funny. I didn't really like that episode, but there are others that are hilarious. I love the office. I don't think they were bashing on "Mormons" though. At first I felt that way, but I think they were just trying to show that Micheal didn't know what he was talking about, let alone where he was getting the questions from. Yes, they could've done without that part, but at least they didn't say anything bad about "Mormons". I thought you guys watched the office and liked it? ER has turned into a soap opera so I stopped watching that like 10 years ago (ok, not really, but it was probably 6 at least!!)
Anyway, sorry for my rambling, I hope you don't mind.
Megan
P.S. There's a new show on NBC on Monday nights called "Chuck" that Mark and I love. It's pretty funny and somewhat "clean". It's on it's 2nd season this year.
Post a Comment