It is a wonderful thing to see your children grow and learn. It makes my heart feel like it might burst with happiness.
Also, conversation from the drive to school today:
Clara is discussing the wonderfulness of her "feets."
Violet: "Feets . . . ? I have feets."
Me: "Do you have feets or feet, Violet?"
Violet: "Feet!"
Me: "Right! You're smart. What about if you had only one? What would it be called?"
Violet: " . . . skipping."
Hahahaha! I love my Violet so much.
She is the sweetest little gentle spirit. She is in her own little imaginative world most of the time and goes through this life pretty quietly most of the time.
She slept in till 10:00 yesterday(!!!) and laughed when I told her that it was almost time for Elsie to get home from school.
She is teaching herself how to read(!!!) and writes almost all of her letters perfectly. As we drive she is often telling me what simple words on signs say and I find little notes from her everywhere that say "I {heart} MOM" or "I {heart} DAD" or insert any one of her sisters' names, which she knows how to spell. (Don't credit me. All but Hazel has learned to read and write almost entirely on their own by observing their sisters. So incredible to me!)
She also loves to pray and says fantastic prayers full of thanks for things like stickers, stars, Pinkie Pie, pillows, hugs, and happiness, while asking for help with awesome things like not picking her nose. (hahahahahaaa!)
I {heart} Violet.


3 comments:
i love this. so sweet. i am enjoying reading your "lately"
Oh my goodness! What a fantastic little lady. I love her and want to know her better! My favorite part was "skipping" :). Every girl loves to skip.
Post a Comment