Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Knit & Hooky

When I was a little girl, my mom taught me how to crochet. When she was a little girl, her step-grandmother Violet taught her how to crochet. It's a skill that I haven't really used much until the last few years. A baby blanket for Hazel, a hat here and there, an afghan for a friend.

 This last fall I finally decided to pick up a project that I've worked on sporadically for the past, oh, 5 years or so.

I love this cushion. It makes me so, so happy.



I've been trying to focus more on completing things that bring me joy.

I really love this book.







And as I've mentioned once or twice, I've been working on learning how to knit as well. - It's slow going. I get so hung up on trying to decide what to make, that I don't move forward very fast.



5 comments:

Julie Button said...

You are amazing! You make me want to pick up crocheting again!

lynsey said...

i kid you not, i would BUY that pillow--it makes me so happy too!! and that book looks amazing. just what i need. aside with face time with you, of course. :) love you!

Deanna said...

LOve love LOVE!!!

Creating things from the heart keep our hearts intact at times. Especially when the sky is falling around us.

LOVE how that hat turned out!!! I think after I get a handle on knitting I'd love to learn to crochet. :)

Life for the Pillings said...

Awesome work Rachel! Look at me! I am looking at blogs again. I have missed them. So tonight I was reading my friend Mikaels blog. You should read it. She lives in Colfax. Her blog is followmikael.blogspot.com. Love you Rachel!

Amber said...

My goodness! When you said you where completing projects, I had no idea you meant this. Holy smokes that is AMAZING! I love the crocheted heart and the pillow and everything else! So awesome!