Thursday, March 6, 2014

Well, February is gone, and March is here. I don't know how it happened.

Everything feels like such a jumble in my head right now. It could be the lack of sleep last night talking, but it feels like it just keeps on going.

When we chose to move down to Pullman, we settled on a small basement duplex. Our lease goes through the end of June and I figured that would give us plenty of time to figure out what we wanted to do - that it would be easier to find someplace else as spring came. However, being a college town, our landlord wants to know right now - not if we want to stay month to month, but if we will be signing on for another year - and she wants to raise our rent. She wants to know so that she can start advertising to college students before they leave for summer.

We've only been here two months. We've only just unpacked. I just barely hung up pictures on the walls. *Boo hoo. Poor me.* I don't know what to do. I don't want to switch schools on the girls again before we buy a home and I don't know when that will be.

We could find somewhere bigger - somewhere I won't feel quite so antsy, but I can't stomach paying more than a house payment in rent and will it really make me less antsy?

I don't know what to do . . . again.

4 comments:

Sara Newton said...

Why is it that making a decision is so hard!? These decisions affect more than just you, that's why! I've decided that I'm done being a grown-up. Want to join me?

Good luck deciding! (And seriously, why do they raise rent if they want you to stay!? So dumb.)

Charlotte said...

For what it's worth, living in a "comfortable" house has made me antsy because I constantly think of all the money we could be saving if we lived somewhere smaller/cheaper.

Good luck deciding.

Deanna said...

I don't know how you do it!!! I wish you luck!!

lynsey said...

oh my. you have every right to boo hoo, and poor you--if you don't do it for yourself i'll do it for you! i want to pass away at the thought of you guys having to move again, but i understand the dilemma. can't the landlord just calm down and give a girl a chance to BREATHE for once?? i will come and visit and tell her that--i can be very intimidating. don't laugh!

try to keep breathing. or call me, and we'll practice lamaze over the phone. :) miss you.