"Somewhere we'll stay for, I don't know, probably three to five years."
But you know what? I don't know how we'll EVER leave.
Not with weeks like this.
Today as I sat on the beach talking to friends and watching my kids play in the water, sand, and sunshine
I made a decision.
Honey, if things don't work out at Coldwater, we're livin' in a tent! (it can be done! we know a man who does.)
Seriously. How is it that you are not ALL living here with us?!
Clara, at almost 2, is still the sweetest little feisty angel. She holds her own with four older sisters and rolls with the crazy when we stay at the beach for five hours and miss naptime.
Monday she just snuggled right up on my lap mid-afternoon and fell right into dreamland. Holding my sleeping baby is like dreamland for me . . .
Tuesday we skipped the beach and I cleaned my bedroom. A miracle that resulted in the discovery of my keys (missing 10 days) and my glasses (missing 3 months).
Wednesday Nels skipped work and we took the girls to Silverwood. A blast that resulted in the realization that Hazel and Violet don't really love rollercoasters and adrenaline makes me talk a lot.
Dinner at Olive Garden with my beautiful girls, a (yet again) angelically nap-less bebe,
and their handsome dad.
Today was just summer at it's finest.
| Poor Lilie inherited her daddy's pink skin. |
| diving Elsie |
While my angel baby AGAIN slept at the beach, for the first time since we moved here, I went swimming. It was SO FUN!!! Lilie, Hazel, and I swam out to the logs separating the beach and the boats with our friends the McClellands and played King of the Log. It was awesome. I love good friends!
After four hours in the sun, we returned home to pick thimbleberries across the road and golden raspberries in the backyard.
| thimbleberries: fuzzy, delicious cousins of domestic raspberries |
| my "I'm ecstatic that I've not had to water this green grass once this summer" face |
| my "I'm in heaven" face |
4 comments:
GORGEOUS! Great pictures. We need to come visit.
My answer: I don't know! I want to see moose! Have moose alerts! And the like, but we just gotta stay in this ridiculously expensive place for a time longer...
I want to move there. AS long as you will be my friend and have fun with me. If only it were as easy as picking up and moving.
oh how you torture me so with these beautiful posts!! not kidding--the pictures and the captions make this place look and sound magical. and the best part is that it most likely actually IS magical!
you look amazing, tanned and beautiful and happy. and those girls of yours make me smile in every post. i miss you so much! and am determined to make a sandpoint summer visit HAPPEN. pleas say you'll be there next summer? love you!
Post a Comment