Friday, March 8, 2013

Little Miss

This school year Elsie has been attending a free preschool that the school does. It has been the perfect fit for my precocious little miss.


In the class there are half the children that perhaps need a little assistance, whether for behavioral or developmental difficulties, and then the other half of the class are "peers" that help model good social behaviors.

Elsie attends twice a week for three hours and absolutely loves it. I'm not a huge preschool fan, but the social outlet for her has been so great. She is such a spunky and talkative little extroverted person.

I am often just a couple of minutes late picking her up (I know you're surprised. Gasp! right?), but her teachers are always so sweet. "If anyone is going to be here for a few extra minutes, we LOVE having Elsie!"

Today we were more late than usual, due to a moose and baby in our yard. Elsie was the only kid left hanging out with her teachers, talking her head off, as usual.

They told me, "I hope you know how much we love having Elsie in our class. She is the perfect peer. She gets along so well with everybody and sets such a good example. She is always helping out the other children. We think she is just fabulous!"

Yes. My Elsie is very good at making sure that everyone is doing what they should! :) She is so helpful and nurturing.

I've realized that Elsie LOVES responsibility. She really likes having chores and helping me around the house. She loves helping with her sisters. She loves being with me and takes great interest in my happiness.

She is spunky and gentle and smart and beautiful and fun! She has the best crazy laugh I know of and loves to show me how fast she can run. :)

I love my girl. She is such a sweet little friend to me and brings so much sunshine into our family. I love you, princess!

Fancy Hair


2 comments:

Sara Newton said...

You are the perfect mom for girls. You know how to do great hair dos and you also don't mind getting your hands dirty. A perfect thing for girls to have! We really need to get Elsie and Grace together. They are kindred spirits, I know it. Grace is so similar in personality (and interests). PS. I'm going to Utah for conference weekend! That's as close as I can get to Sandpoint at this point. :)

Amber said...

What a sweet little bubble of joy. Love her!