Saturday, October 1, 2011

New Beginnings

In the past MONTH we have . . .

Had a new baby.
Driven to Sandpoint twice -- about 1600 miles in a week and a half.
Started school.
Whirlwind packed and left our home and lives.
Moved across the state.
and into a new time zone.
Started a new job.
Downgraded to an apartment -- that we'd never even seen before.
with five kids.
Started school again.
Had two birthdays within two weeks of moving.
Baptized our oldest daughter.
Blessed our youngest daughter.

YOWZA!

I'm tired.

But despite it all, I'm so thankful. Life is good and the Lord is SO good.
I really feel like I'm still just running on empty most of the time -- with only brief pit stops to put a couple of gallons in the "tank" -- but man, those pit stops are sure sweet.

Between the beautiful night we had tonight and the wonderful weekend ahead, I'm hoping to get perhaps enough "fuel" to carry me through until I can just bring this ol' bod and brain and spirit in for a really good "tune-up".

4 comments:

Jandy Lou said...

Rachel, you have done more this month than I have all year! I tried topost earlier, but for some reason it kicked me out. Congratulations, Hazel! You made a very important decision this month and I am so very proud of you! I am glad things are going. You are so strong, Rachel! I miss you, but I love to read and catch up thru blogs! I will call soon! Love you all!

Anonymous said...

thanks for the headache I got just reading this short post! Hang it there! Only 18 more years to go j/k

Abbey and Todd said...

This made me tired just reading this. You are wonder-woman! I can't imagine doing all that with a new baby, not to mention 4 other children. I hope things settle down for you soon!

Abbey and Todd said...

oh and PS - Todd says you need to update your header picture to include your last 2 kids! :)