Friday, September 30, 2011

Hello and Happy Birthday!

Two weeks and not a peep from me on my blog . . . this has got to be a record. :) A sad one. Just going to drop a VERY quick little update - as I've got two kids in the tub saying that they're finished and a birthday party to plan.

We've been without internet, other than our phones, for the past couple of weeks. BUT. We are here. We are doing well. We are slowly getting settled in and adjusting to our new lives.

Two weeks ago tomorrow, we packed up a U-Haul trailer, our van, the essentials of our lives, our five children, and drove to Sandpoint, Idaho. To a hotel for two days -- because apparently property management companies aren't open on Saturdays? Weird. The girls were all champions the whole drive. Nels was in the van with three of them squished in the front seat - pulling a full load in the van and the trailer - and I drove the car with my Mama, Clara, and one of the older girls. We made the trip with very few stops, driving about 60 mph (that trailer was HEAVY), and almost no crying. It was a miracle sent to us by a graceful God.  Thank you, Children. I know that you won't remember that trip . . . but thank you.

We . . . . oh, darn it. I really want to record more . . . like the awesome first impression we made in our new ward and how I feel about living in 1100 square feet with five children, but alas, the naked ones are calling and will soon be screaming and dumping water all over the bathroom floor if I don't hustle.

I will be back to record the rest -- and it will be long, no doubt. But until then, I just wanted to let you all know that we made it. We're doing well. AND . . .

 . . . eight years ago today, I became a mother. What a beautiful day, in a beautiful new place, with my beautiful family. It's going to be wonderful. Today I get the opportunity to see my beautiful daughter enter the waters of baptism with her father. And come out clean and pure as she did this day eight years ago. To see her take a sacred step toward eternal life in her Father's kingdom.

I am so proud of you, Hazel. I love you with all of my heart. Happy Birthday, Hazie!

6 comments:

Thomas Family said...

yeah! so glad everything is going well. You are an amazing woman Rachel Chick! Happy Birthday Hazel. What a great milestone!

Deanna said...

so glad to hear an update!!! I miss you already. :(

Sara Newton said...

I sat here reading and when you said it has been 2 weeks since you last wrote, I can't believe it. This month has been a whirlwind for us, perhaps I'll be able to record it next week...I really need to write it down so I don't forget the fall of 2011 because it's been NUTS for us too! Glad you're all well, and really, it can't be 8 years since Hazel was born...that just makes me too old!

Alisha said...

So glad that you are doing well!! Can't edit to hear more about your new home!!

Congrats on the baptism!!

Anonymous said...

I still remember seeing you with her. I thought it was so strange that you were a MOM! Yet, you were so good at it and have proven that was a true observation 5 times over. She is so full of life and such a beautiful girl. What a blessing to have her be baptized! Talk about new beginnings--you're surrounded with them! Love you Rach! Can't wait to hear more about your adventures.

Amber said...

What a gorgeous girl and a fabulous mom! Love you!