Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Four going on 30


Isn't she just adorable?



My sweet Elsie turned FOUR this month. It's amazing to me how time passes. I can't believe it.

She is such a wonderful child. Truly a joy to me. I wrote last year on her birthday about how sometimes I feel like in the pre-mortal world, before we came to Earth, Elsie was older than me. The past year has only confirmed this more.

Elsie is my Princess. She loves dresses and having her hair done. If I had more time and patience, she would have me do her hair fancy every single day. She loves when her hair is curly. The other day we went to take some pictures of our girls and I did Elsie's hair in beautiful ringlets. She thanked me over and over again. "Oh, thank you, Mom! My hair looks so beautiful! Thank you!!!" Also, if she never had to wear pants again, she would be a happy girl. I bought her a slip - (a REAL slip. why is it so hard to find a REAL slip??) - on Amazon to go with her dresses. I pulled it out of the box and she laughed and laughed as she put it on, twirling all around and curtsying. So adorable.

Elsie is also very determined and strong-willed. She is mostly very obedient, but when she decides that she wants something, she does not take no for an answer very well. She doesn't necessarily get mad, she just keeps asking and asking and asking - after you've already given her an answer. She kind of wears me out sometimes. She doesn't throw fits, she just does what she wants anyway. - I think because in her mind, she's already thought it through and decided that there's no reason why she shouldn't. :) I have pretty much determined that she is probably a Red personality. :)

She is still a small little squirt. At four years old, she is only topping the scale at about 32 pounds. - Which means she is only about 7 pounds heavier than Violet. :) - Height-wise I think she is still a little petite as well. Her build and her straight hair remind me so much of my little sister Genny.

For her birthday this year, I bought her a Rapunzel dress. She has been wearing it almost nonstop for the past two and a half weeks.




I also bought her some little white gloves to go with her dresses. Is there anything cuter on a little four year old princess than a beautiful dress and sweet little white wrist gloves?

Well, they're pretty adorable on one year olds, too. I must admit.





After ironing her dress and getting her hair done up in a Princess Crown Braid :), we HAD to have a little photo shoot of my birthday girl.

And then all princesses should be taken out in public with their Prince.



I don't think anything could have made Elsie happier and feel more special on her birthday than taking her to Daddy's work - all dressed up in her new dress and gloves, with beautiful hair - to eat lunch. She was thrilled and had such a wonderful time!

The rest of the day was pretty low-key and happy. For her cake, we used the second Pumpkin Sheet Cake that I'd made on Hazel's birthday and cut circles out of it to make the requested "Purple Grape Cake". I thought it turned out pretty well, if I do say so myself, and the other girls have been making all sorts of plans for their future birthday cakes ever since. :)


Please disregard the bites already taken out of two of the "grapes". :) We almost forgot to take a picture! :)


Happy (late) Birthday, my sweet Elsie. You are a joy to everyone around you. Thank you for being my beautiful Princess!

4 comments:

Julie Button said...

Oh my word! So so sweet! I absolutely love her dress and gloves. I better learn how to do hair in case my girl wants to be a princess!

Melyni + Alma said...

I miss you guys!! Elsie is one gorgeous little princess!! The cake turned out great! It sounds yummy too!

Nels Chick said...

Thanks for writing these things down, honey! That Elsie is a great princess! She can always make me feel like a king!

Jandy Lou said...

Rachel and family...I miss the heck out of you but I am very pleased to know that you are getting along in your new home. I am so happy to see a smile on Elsie's face. Happy Birthday Elsie, Hazel and Clara, congratulations on your blessing. Your girls look so beautiful in their dresses. Tevan misses Elsie and just told me how pretty she looks in her dress and her pretty hair. We love you. We think of you every day. We miss you. We are proud of you and how wonderful you are as a momma. Your posts bring me tears of happiness and gratefulness that all is working out for you...and of course tears because the posts are so sweet and I know you wrote them from your heart! Love you!!