I feel like I'm in mourning. For the life that we are leaving. For the friends that we are leaving. For the time with our families that will be a thing of the past.
As I picked up Violet (my sweet little girl who has had far less attention than she has needed the past couple weeks) to tuck her into bed tonight I started sobbing. Realizing that this would be the last time I would tuck my babies into their beds in this home. In "this life". Tomorrow night will not be the same. The beds will be packed. The house will be ready to leave.
I don't feel prepared for this. For any of this. I had a baby two weeks ago. I should be laying in bed watching episodes of old tv shows while I snuggle my new baby and enjoy the new dynamic of our family with my wonderful husband and my sweet chickies surrounding me. Not packing my kitchen and sorting clothes. Not "staging" our home. Not leaving.
I don't feel ready to close this chapter of our lives.
10 comments:
Thank you so much for taking time tonight to come over. It meant a lot to us. I know that you had a zillion things to do and yet you took time. You will soon be able to snuggle that precious Clara. It may not be in the home you thought it would be in, but it will be a home. You make any house a home. You are truly a strong and brave woman. An inspiration to us all!!
i understand rachel. mike, aviana and i are moving in 13 days after spending 5 years in one place.
I love you sis!!! You are a amazingly strong person, even though right now you might not feel like it. You know what this post reminded me of for some odd reason - the pioneers. They left everything behind in hopes of a better future for their familiy. They are tough and you are tough - all is well, all is well!!
I've been wanting to call and chat with you, but know that you are running a hundred miles an hour. I'll either call you Mondayish or if talking on the phone today for a bit would release a bit of stress while packing then call me. :) LOVE YOU!!!!
You are truly amazing!!
Praying for you. :) You will do awesome. There are so many things I love about moving - 2 favorites: getting to explore a new place and making the new space feel like home. When we were in Alaska for 8 months I put Zina's art work all over the apartment walls. It was temporary but it was cozy. You are amazing!! and I am so excited for you to have this adventure!
Good luck!! I hope things will go smoothly for you guys in the coming weeks. You will soon be able to enjoy your new life!:)
I agree with Melissa, what a great comparison!
I find that I crave some sort of normalcy in my life. I want things to go smoothly and without all the bumps and ruts of life. However, the Lord has a very different view of my life plan. Maybe, like the pioneers, He thinks you guys could use some bumps in the road. At least you don't have to strap everyone to the wagon and head west ;)
I love you and I can't wait to hear about this new adventure.
I am going to miss you terribly. Even though we rarely got together. I consider you one of my closest friends. And to have you so far away...bwaaaaaa!
I am probably the worst friend on the planet, for not helping you these last few months. I admire your strength, your attitude, and your awesomeness.
Prayers for you and your sweet family!!! What an adventure you're about to embark on! ♥
Hey, just wanted to let you know I've been thinking about you. Hope everything is working out and that you are loving Sandpoint and being together as a family. I am keeping you in my prayers that everything will go smoothly. Miss your blog posts! xo
O was happy to see your comment on my latest post, I too have been wondering if you were getting settled. How are those beautiful chickies doing? How are YOU doing? I hope it is all well and things are going well! Miss you!
Post a Comment