Wednesday, September 29, 2010

If Only

If only there were a way to fit 8 hours of sleep into only 5 hours of pillow time. How lovely that would be.

 . . . . . . .

If only there were a way to subtract 7 years . . . for just a few hours . . . right now. I'd go through labor all over again -- a hundred times over again -- just to hold that sweet little baby in my arms again . . . for just a little while. To look into those precious little eyes. So bright and curious. The most attentive little eyes that I've ever seen on any little newborn, ever. Looking right at me. So excited to be here and and experience it all.

 . . . . . . . .

. . . for just a few hours.

If only.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Hazel

Perry's said...

Happy Birthday Hazel. Well said Rach. I agree. I love the first time you get to hold that baby in your arms

Life for the Pillings said...

Happy Birthday Hazel!!!!! We love you tons and are glad we got to see you last weekend!!! Well stated Rach!