Two Sundays ago, Nels and I took our little chickies up in the foothills above Idaho Falls. Looking for the perfect golden background to take some pictures.
I really like all the girls pictures to have matching backgrounds on my walls and while I've always been kind of a fan of the "school picture" look (I know! **GASP!!**), this year I just couldn't justify the expense of over a hundred dollars to have school pictures taken of all four girls! Nels has a fabulous camera and with both of us combined, we probably add up to one pretty decent photographer. :) It was so much less stressful on all of us to take the pictures ourselves. In fact, it was actually a lot of fun.
Did I just put the words pictures, girls, and FUN in the same paragraph!? Wow. we've come a long way in the past few years! :)
We were able to find a really fun stack of rolled straw just off the road. - And while the dirt road leading into the wheat field next to it had a "No Hunting No Trespassing" sign on it, the broken fence that we went through didn't say a thing about not trespassing! :) (Had I been truly concerned, we wouldn't have done it, but I think the farmers up there are far more concerned about people going into the fields and/or hunting on their property - than four little girls standing in front of and hiding in their bales of straw.)
The weather was perfect, the sun was gorgeous with the glow off those golden bales, and we were happy the whole time. I love Idaho this time of year. So many of my favorite colors. Turquoise blue sky, green trees just about to change yellow, and lovely golden wheat fields. {LOVE}
I still need to finish editing the pictures of the girls all together and our family picture, but I just can't wait to share some of the lovely portrait shots that we got of our little ladies.
![]() |
| Hazel, 6 (almost 7) |
![]() |
| Lilie, 5 |
![]() |
| Elsie, 2 (almost 3) |
![]() |
| Violet, 6 months |





14 comments:
OOooohhhh . . . . so beautiful!
I love your pictures. The girls look so adorable and the straw background looks so nice for this time of the year.
I love the pictures!! They are so sweet. I don't blame you for not wanting school pics...this is a much better background and it costs much less. Plus, on Wednesdays, walgreens has a photo sale. They turn out pretty good, I think. Have fun...see you soon! Maybe when life slows way down for both of us, we can work on that pillow? ;)
BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I want you to do my pictures!!! :) I had to laugh about you and Nels making a good photographer. That's how I feel about me and RYan. LOL!
What beautiful girls! Seriously love the pictures and seriously missing idaho this time of year. I was telling Mark just the other day how I was feeling so nostalgic for the rexburg days. :) Maybe it's the 106 degree weather....
SOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!! Your girls are adorable! This picture of you and Nels turned out great also! Way to go! Violet's picture made me want to just pick her up and kiss her sweet little cheeks! Such dolls! We are excited to see you this weekend. I'll call you today. I too have a habit of avoiding my voice mail =), not you, just the mail. Talk to you later!
Oh, my gosh!! These are SO CUTE!! Love them!! I totally wish we had some cute girls to take pictures like this of! But boys are cute too:) Can't wait to see your family pictures and the ones of the girls!!
your girls are beautiful. Your mom told me that you are coming this weekend. Please give me a call. I would love to come over and see you and your family.
801-927-8710
So pretty! I love all their flowers!!! Beautiful pictures!
Your girls are so beautiful. You guys took some good pictures.
What a beautiful family you have!
LOVE THEM!!!! What beauties your little chickies are!!!
TOTALLY BEAUTIFUL!
What cute little chicks! Love you guys!
Post a Comment