Thursday, June 17, 2010

Playing Catch-Up . . . again.

Wow. Time goes by so quickly in the summer. I feel like there is something always going on ---- and when there's not, we're making dinner and cleaning up the endless messes of summer (dirty, muddy floors, stinking children, and the ever-present current project {or ten}).

I really don't know what's wrong with me, but sometimes my mind just goes into hyperdrive. All I can think about is the next project I want to tackle. Maybe that's why I go through times where I don't do any. Once I start, I can't stop. Seems to be a bit of a theme in my life. Do nothing or go overboard. I should make it a t-shirt. I'm planning on posting pictures of my basement, but I can't do that until I finish painting the doors and the trim. And maybe until I finish cleaning up Nels's workspace (that he doesn't want me to clean up. -- Where else would he put the 5 boxes and random papers that he's slowly built into a precarious pile of crap behind his monitor??? *What?*) However, I can't start cleaning up his desk until I also clean out our file cabinet. And why clean out the file cabinet until I can put all the stuff in to the "new" file cabinet that I picked up --- that also needs repainted --- and that I'm going to do this cool design on the front of --- that Nels thinks is girly. -- Should I do the girly design that I love??? Should I do something else? Should I keep over thinking this and putting it off while I DON'T make a decision and the file cabinet sits outside in the rain getting rusty and re-dirty??? Yep. That seems like a fantastic course of action. --- As it is apparently the course I've chosen.

Maybe I can't make a decision because my brain is plugged up. I think blogging is my outlet. I need to blog. I'm going to take some time and play catch-up. It's like verbal fiber for my mental constipation. (Did I just write that?? I hate potty humor.)

6 comments:

Amber said...

LOL!! Love it verbal fiber. I so totally know what you mean it helps. A lot! Can't wait for the forth coming blogs.

Rachel said...

Do nothing or go overboard. Sounds like a theme I can adopt too. We can get matching t-shirts!

Deanna said...

can I order a t-shirt? :) I'd like mine purple with white lettering, and i'd also like it to hold in the post-baby-belly I'll be sporting soon. :)

Alisha said...

Love the sidewalk chalk paint!!! Wonder how long it will take my boys to figure that one out!! Love the overboard comment! You should totally market those t-shirts!!!

Anonymous said...

Love your potty humor:) LOL I can't wait to see your basement. Maybe I should come over and visit instead of waiting for pictures though. Hehe

The Ricks Family said...

Don't do the cabinet, work on my purse...seriously