Sometimes I just feel like writing, you know?
I'm so excited about leaving on vacation tomorrow morning! I love going on vacation with my little family. I don't know how it happens, but we always end up going somewhere fairly chilly (one of these days, we're GOING to take a vacation to somewhere warm!), but I'm still excited even if it rains the whole time. Nels' oldest nephew is graduating from high school Friday and we're driving up to Colfax, Wa to attend, with the rest of his family. It will be a fun weekend filled with a lot of Chicks that I totally love! :) We're leaving in the wee hours of the morning tomorrow to drive up to Coeur d'Alene to spend some fun time together. Hopefully it won't be pouring and we can rent a paddle boat and play in the freezing lake water, but even if it is, I'm sure that we can find a fun bowling alley somewhere and play in the hotel swimming pool.
Although driving is always an adventure with children (last year heading to Washington, I think all three kids puked and peed their pants -- fun, huh?), I still really love going on road trips with my kids. They've had enough experience driving that they're all real troopers and I love the undivided time that I get to spend with Nels. It's gonna be great!
I spend Memorial Day weekend painting! Hooray!!! My basement has been waiting for three years to get a coat of paint to cover up the primer-coated panel walls. It isn't quite the color I was envisioning, but I really like it anyway. I'll be sure to post some pictures as soon as I get the trim and doors painted next week. I love the smell of paint. Is that weird?
I also love brown rice. Just so you know. I thought I didn't. I thought it tasted and had the texture of cardboard. Turns out, you just have to cook it right. I love brown rice.
On Monday:
Nels: "Lilie, did you hit Elsie with a stick?"
Lilie: "Well, I didn't want her to get hurt on the trampoline while we were bouncing high."
Nels: " . . . Lilie, come with me. I think I need to explain something to you . . . "
I think my children are beautiful and I think Nels looks hot with a goatee.
3 comments:
LOL!!! I love your incredibly rambling post. so awesome! Have a great time I don't know where Colfax is but maybe we could meet you somewhere??? I'll have to do some research.
The conversation with Lilie is hilarious!!!
Have a great trip that hopefully will contain no pucking or peeing of pants! Can't wait to hear of your adventures!
Totally random post and I totally love it! Just thought you should know that I love brown rice too. It tastes fabulous!
Post a Comment