I love the engrossed look on each of the girls' faces - well, except Violet's.
She didn't much care for it.
Must have been a good book, huh? :)
Such busy weeks we've had around here. Every summer seems to feel that way and blogging drops off severely. And every summer, in the back of my mind, I'm thinking of all the things that I want to have recorded. It gets put off and either doesn't happen at all or is so vague that it's really not any fun anymore. I hope that doesn't happen this summer. Not because it breaks my little heart when my posts are so few and far between that I don't get any comments :) or because I feel bad for that no one knows what's going on in our lives, but because I genuinely love my blog. I LOVE going through old posts and seeing the antics, the accomplishments, and the random little moments that we've had and captured.
My memory is sporadic and can remember all the words to a thousand different songs or information from an eighth grade geology lesson, but important events and memories? Nah. I think it's some lingering brain damage from childhood or something. If I don't write it down, it's gone. I also want my children to be able to remember it too. To know a little about what they were like as children and what I was like. Why would I want them to remember such things??? Well, I guess so that when they act like retards while raising their own children, they'll know where they get it from. :)
I also want them to remember that while I sometimes screamed and yelled and generally lost it, I really, really, really love them. They bring me so much joy.

5 comments:
I want to comment, and I guess if you need validation...then here it is: You are AWESOME. I love this post. I love your perspective. I love this picture.
My favorite part of this whole post is your last paragraph. So very true. :) My second favorite part is that you confessed to taking looks back in your blog, just for fun...I like that because I thought I was weird for doing it, but now it proves I'm normal, just like you. It's fun to look back and read what going on, through my mind, etc.
LOVE YOU!!!!! Thanks for being such a fabulous example to me. :)
Love the picture and I love your cute little hat, so your blog can prove you are a cool mom too! I love your blog and I love staying in touch with you. I just went back and looked at old posts the other day and even though I am a really lame blogger and a terrible writer, I LOVED it and it really does inspire me to continue.
I like that you said that even if you scream and yell at them you still really really love them. I have been doing a lot of yelling lately. And I kept wondering if they know that I really still do love them. I am sure the kids do know that. At least I hope. I always love reading your blogs. i can't wait to see you at the farm this weekend. So much fun
Rachel, there are so many reasons why I love you. Thanks for being retarded. And I mean that in the best way!
I love your blog too! And I am thrilled you are updating it DAILY! WOW how do you do it!?! Wonder woman ;).
I love your hat!!! I love the picture.
Post a Comment