Some days that's how I feel. Running, running, running. So much to get done. Self-appointed "so muches," but still - so much. Nonetheless, I'm going to stop in at my blog briefly this morning with a weekend update.
Saturday I told Lilie to come see the picture that I posted of her last week. She took one look at it and started busting a gut in her most silly laugh and says, "Is that me as a jellyfish?!" No, Lilie. That's just you. "Is that me as a sun?!" That's you in the bathtub. "Oh. Ha! Ha! Ha! I look like a jellyfish!" :) :) Such a great kid!
Also on Saturday, I spent the majority of my day at the computer --- and eating chocolate. It was Tax Day at our house. Every year, it is my self-appointed duty to complete our taxes as early as possible. This is usually an endeavor of a few "fill in the blank" hours, resulting in a happy return from our government. This year, however, we had the joy of making enough side money to be considered a "Small Business". I am 100% positive that the morons that write tax code are specifically instructed to make it as confusing and convoluted as possible. -- Resulting in people just giving up on "writing off expenses" for just a "few measly dollars" in savings. What a wonderful setup for the government to have millions of people not claim their "few measly dollars!" Needless to say, it was a long and irritating day. Solution: Eat one large brownie and a piece of toast for breakfast. Eat two large brownies and two glasses of milk for lunch. For dinner? Small, healthy portion of leftover meatballs and rigatoni (brownies were gone by this point). Enter: Nels returning from Saturday night side job ---- with a LARGE piece of chocolate cake. :) Apparently Tax Time = Chocolate.
In addition to working Saturday night, Nels spent the majority of the day in a similar and entirely different fashion from me. He decided that after weeks of taxiing to and from work, it was time to fix his car. After quite a while of frustrating labor, he decided to call a friend. After quite a while of frustrating labor, HE decided to call a friend. After about 15 minutes, said friend of a friend, determined that the two frustrated men were going about the situation all wrong. Suggestion: replace one unsightly and corroded cable. One trip to Checker, about fifteen dollars, and half an hour later and the car is as good as . . . a used, running, fifteen year old car. :)
So you see, although Nels and I spent our day in vastly different environments and with very different challenges, each of us spent the day with a similar primary objective. Keep as much money in our pockets as possible. And I must say, we both learned a lot and did a pretty good job making life more complicated than necessary. :)
Over and out!
5 comments:
Aahhh good ol tax season. Good for you for getting it done early. I hate doing taxes but I hate it more when you're a student family living off loans, you get nothing (which is only fair but still sucks). Just be glad you don't have to do Canadian Taxes WAY more confusing! You may think that is impossible but, no joke, they are insanely confusing even for the most basic person.
Don't you just love you have a handy man husband who tries to fix things first before forking out too much money? I know people who just don't care to try and will spend the money. Me and my hubby are like you....if we can do it for less and save some money we will, no matter the time and effort needed to do it. Good for you!
Good for you for doing your own taxes. You deserve all the Chocolate you want
I hear you are coming in town soon. WE need to get kids together and play. Please call and let me know. 801-927-8710
Rachel, you are so funny! You're an adorable pregnant little lady! And if it makes you feel any better you can scroll back through my blog a year and a half ago when I was pregnant with Olivia and as big as a house literally!) LOL!
Rachel I totally admire you for doing your own taxes. I did that for a looong time until I decided that my sanity was worth the $250 to H&R Block. So good for you girlfriend!! And enjoy a brownie for me.
Post a Comment