I propose that if you are already pregnant, you should not have to also get SICK, SICK, SICK on top of that. Pregnancy sick? Not pleasant, I know, but it comes with the territory. But fevers, headaches, chills, coughing, coughing, coughing, and laying in bed desperately wanting to get up and at the same time NEVER wanting to get up again and not being able to sleep . . . ? Coughing so hard that it triggers your puke reflex? And for THREE days? Seriously??
Okay, on the bright side, the Lord has given me three really wonderful little girls who can pretty much entertain themselves at this point. Yesterday Nels was home until about noon before going to a meeting at work and I think the only things I got up for were to occasionally get Elsie a drink of water and to use the bathroom ----- and to order pizza.
Also on the bright side, Nels worked about 6+ hours of overtime almost everyday last week and then left Monday morning at 9:30 and worked until about 5:30 Tuesday evening. As a result of his non-paid-for ridiculous hours of overtime, he did not go into work on Wednesday or Thursday. Now, although being sick in bed is not my favorite way to spend Nels' time off, I am so thankful that he was able to stay home! He wasn't feeling well either, but at least slightly better than me. He has lovingly taken care of nearly every meal for the past 3 1/2 days. What a champ that sweet man is!
Good thing I deep cleaned my house on Monday. And speaking of Monday, we have our ultrasound this coming one. The girls are convinced they are going to get a baby brother. - But have also said that they will really love a baby sister as well.
I'm not going to guess either way, I've learned that I'm a terrible guesser. I just want a healthy baby.
And one less head of hair to do in the morning would be really nice.
5 comments:
I don't want to sound negative, but it sounds like you have the flu...maybe even that yucky swine flu!
We'll be praying for you! It's tough for families to function when mommy's not functioning! ♥
I REALLY hope we didn't get you sick...but your symptoms sound exactly like ours....I'm sooo sorry! Get feeling better!
I hope that you are feeling better and that the rest of your family stays healthy. Good luck at your ultrasound! We still need to get together!
Oh Rachel I feel so bad for you!! I wish I lived closer and could have helphed out. That sounds like it just was not any fun at all. I hope you are feeling great now. you better call me tomorrow and let me know!! I am so excited to find out what you are having!!! I am going to just guess that it's another girl. I always guess boy and I get it wrong - :0)!! I'll be waiting for a call - or you might just get a lot of calls from me! Love Ya!!
Oh Rachel I am so sorry! That sounds horrible. I am really glad Nels was with you. What an awesome hubbers =).
Post a Comment