Friday, October 23, 2009

A Fabulous Friday

1 - Nels took part of the day off of work today and we were able to go with some friends of ours for a beautiful Fall drive. We drove up to Mesa Falls, Island Park, and West Yellowstone. (One of these days we are actually going to make it INSIDE Yellowstone. It seems each time we venture up that direction, we get a little closer. :) We had such a wonderful time, building friendships and seeing the beautiful colors and the CRISP Fall air. I'll have to post pictures in the next couple of days --- we actually got some of all of us together!

2 - We just got home 10 minutes ago and the kids are already in bed sleeping. (((sigh))) Oh happy day.

3 - I am finally starting to feel like I am really getting over this nastiness that I have had for a week. Still a little tired and gunky, but definitely on the down slope. I do wish that the nurse had informed me that the flu shot I got yesterday was going to make my arm all but incapacitated for the next 36 hours. And I think that it made me feel more tired today than I would have otherwise, but I'm still happy to feel like I'm almost back up to full capacity.

4 - Yesterday I had to run to my doctor's office to get blood drawn for . . . for the numerous tests that they deem necessary. Since I was just going to be in and out, the girls all came with me. I know it's a weird thing to put on my list of fabulous things from the past week, but it cracked me up to have them there with me. As the nurse was getting things all ready, Hazel and Lilie were standing behind her, against the wall. Then as the nurse "sticks" me and starts collecting blood, I see Lilie slowly inch around her back, watching with open fascination -- and an open mouth. By the end of filling all four vials (good grief, do they really need that much?), both girls are standing right next to the nurse, agape at the amount of blood and asking all sorts of questions (like if they were going to take ALL my blood and what they were going to do with it). I love to see their inquisitive little minds. I (usually) love their funny questions and the way they seem to NEED to know things. I love watching their brains at work.

5 - I love how wonderful my husband is. I love that he loves me and loves being with me. We have so much fun together. He brings peace to my soul and fills me like no one else. He is so good and kind and happy. I'm so glad that I got to spend the day with him.

2 comments:

Amber said...

Awesome! I am glad you are better.
Happy that you had fun with friends, and sleeping kids is fabulous!

Hannah said...

4 little chicks in your nest! That is AWESOME!!!! I'm so glad that you're feeling well and that you are all doing so good!

It still makes me laugh so hard everytime I think back of Nels in college "all tough and metal" and now he has 4 sweet girls!!! Doesn't that just crack you up! He sure is a great guy! and you're a great mom! Keep us updated! (and let us know when you're going to come visit! We should be moving in the week of the 16th...)