
I am halfway through my pregnancy today.
Wow.
I don't know whether that's exciting or scary. :) I think exciting. I love new babies. Especially mine. :) I'm excited to hold another sweet little angel in my arms. My cousin called yesterday to find out if we'd had our ultrasound. When I gave her the news that we are four for four and having another girl (which is still making me smile at the thought) she was so excited and said, "Good, I was hoping you would. Now you will have all your Little Women." I love you so much, Amber. You are so right.
Earlier this year I read the book Little Women. My mother has been gently "encouraging" me to read this book since I was, oh, about TEN. I'd started it probably two or three times, but never got much past the first 5 pages. Apparently I hadn't grown up enough to enjoy it yet. :) Happily, this year I must have reached some kind of maturity milestone because I picked it up and devoured it. It is now certainly among my favorite books. The lessons taught through its timeless story have changed who I am and the way that I view the world. It will forever be a book that I should reread on - at least - a yearly basis. I recommended it immediately to my cousin and she loved it too. (She has three little ladies as well.)
I am excited to be halfway through this pregnancy. It's been a fairly pleasant four and a half months and I'm looking forward to the next four and half. I like feeling my babies moving and I even like (for the most part) looking pregnant. I like getting things ready. I even like the seemingly habitual feeling that we should MOVE whenever I'm pregnant. (which we will not be doing, even though I've been casually browsing around real estate websites. LOL!)
But more than anything, I'm looking forward to being surrounded by my four little women when this second half is finished. I love my babies. I love being a mom.
4 comments:
I think I need to read that book...maybe I'll some how, some day have girls. :)
Sweet.
I guess I have not yet reached that "maturity milestone" in my life. I still haven't read Little Women, but it is on my list (it has been there since I first created a list about 11 years ago). I always seem to put off reading books if I already know their story. There are always so many other books that I want to read. I love the movie and know that I'd enjoy the book. I may just have to pick it up and start reading today. Mom gave me a copy of the book when I still lived at home =).
I love that book! I have read it about four times! It was awesome to you yesterday! And your girls are so fun!
Yeah! I am really excited to meet the fourth little woman in your Chickie World!!! Love you!
Post a Comment