Friday, April 17, 2009

Friday's Fabulous Five

1. Hazel lost her tooth! I'll post a picture later today, when she's home from Preschool, but she was so brave and looks so cute! I'm really proud of her!

2. I have run consistently for the past two weeks! Hooray for me! For the past 4 times, I've run 3+ miles --- well, that's technically not true --- I've gone 3+ miles . . . while stationary in my basement . . . on my treadmill. :) I've walked/run 3+ miles and the past 2 days, 2 miles of that has been running. . . . If that makes any sense. :) I'm proud of me for sticking with it. I've never really loved running, however, I've found that for me - I push myself harder when I'm running by myself with music. I don't usually like my music to be too loud. However, when I run I may be in jeopardy of permanently damaging my ears. :) I seem to do better zoning out everything else and pushing myself. When I run with someone else, I give up much easier. It's weird. And maybe as I get better at running, that won't be the case.  ---- Hmm. I'm kind of like that with lots of things in my life. I don't really like having other people OBSERVE me struggling with something. I can openly talk about things that I do or have struggled with, but I don't like people watching me go through the rigors of things that are genuinely hard for me. Hmm. I just noticed that. While it's not true for ALL things, I think it's true for a lot. 

3. Hazel watched Elsie for me while we were outside yesterday SO WELL! The other day I had asked her if she would keep an eye on Elsie for me while I was vacuuming out the van and they were all outside. Elsie is more of a wanderer than my other two are or ever were and I told Hazel that if she would just make sure that Elsie stayed in the yard, I'd get her a treat at the store. Two minutes later, I turned around to find Elsie nowhere in sight. She was in the neighbor's yard and Hazel was devastated that she didn't get to have a treat. Yesterday she did so good at helping that I couldn't help but dole out gushy praises on her. She followed her around for more than half an hour bring Elsie back into the yard every time she wandered. What a big girl! She's learning how to do so many big things. I love my Hazel so much!

4. Today is supposed to be sunny and I'm going to mow my lawn for the first time this year! There are mostly just a few spots where it's starting to get a bit scraggly, but it will look (and SMELL) so great. I'm happy!

5. Nels and I are going out to eat dinner - just the two of us! - on Saturday for my birthday! I'm excited -- as I can't even remember the last time that we went on an actual date without our children. I'm certainly not complaining, as I love to have them with us and I think it's fun to be all together, but it will be fun. What a great husband I have! He works so hard for us and gives so much. I couldn't ask for more than I've been given in my life. I have so much to be thankful for!

4 comments:

Hannah said...

Happy Birthday (which day is it..I'm a bad friend!) I can't wait to see Hazel's new smile with her missing tooth! How cute! And WAY TO GO for running this week!!! I've been consistent about going to the gym for 1 hour every day this week and I am proud to heck about it! LOL!

Deanna said...

Happy Birthday, Tomorrow! :) I love reading your blog. It brings me up to a higher level of happiness and goodness. :) {hugs}

Alisha said...

Happy Birthday! I love it when you post! You always have a way of making me rethink my thinking! You are totally awesome!

Amber said...

Yeah for running! I am impressed. I should do that. I can't believe Hazel already lost a tooth. Wow! Our kids are getting old. OKay their not old. I am so happy that you and Nels were able to go on a date. That's awesome!!