Sunday, November 30, 2008

So little time . . . and a Fabulous Five on Sunday.

There is SO much that I have been wanting to write and SO LITTLE time to do it lately. It make me sad because I know that I would have to spend a whole lot of time to catch up, but I really want to have some things recorded. Maybe I'll just have to do it in installments and then by eventually I'll forget so many of the things, that I'll stop worrying about it! :)


SO. FIRST OFF.

COLDPLAY WAS INCREDIBLE!!! We went with Ben and Kelly (my brother and SIL) out to eat at Cafe Rio before the concert and then headed down to the Delta Center. (I know, I know, it actually called the Energy Something Something Center Arena or whatever, but it's still the Delta Center in my mind.) Can you believe how L-O-N-G it is between the time that you get there and the time that the main attraction plays??!! Seriously I think that it was at least 9:00 before Coldplay came out, but it was well worth the wait! If any of you ever, in your whole life, get an opportunity to go to one of their concerts, I HIGHLY, HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend it!!! And if you are still not a Coldplay fan, I HIGHLY recommend that you pick up some of their albums. Start with Parachutes and then go from there. They are incredible! I honestly could have listened to them play the entire night. It was so much fun!!! Thank you Mom and Dad for watching our kids and getting them in bed!!!

SECOND ITEM OF BUSINESS.

I am finished with one of my projects that I've started, almost finished with the bathroom, and hoping to make some major progress toward completeing my third one on the way home from Mnt. Home today. I cannot wait to show you pictures of all three because I think that they are fabulous and I always love praise. :) Just kidding. I just know that you've all missed me so much in my blogging absence these past few weeks, that I'm excited to show you why you've had to sacrifice so much. :) LOL! I'm retarded, I know. :)

THIRDLY, Elsie has started saying and doing lots of funny things in the past couple of weeks. She now says,
Hi
Mama
Dada
Daddy
Owey
Ight (Light)
Out
Baba
A-dun
Ti-ty (Kitty)
Pi-ty (Pretty)
Ball
Papa
Tata (Nana or Banana)
Hot
Tee (Tree)

and many others that I just haven't figured out what they are yet. She is such a babbler. She talk, talk, talks all day long. So sweet. I love my little lady. She tries to copy just about anything that I name for her. She waves, gives kisses and hugs, nods and shakes her head, and blows kisses. As she was "helping" me make cream pies the other day, she was Mmmmmmm-ing and loving the tastes that I would give her of the filling. After a while I asked her if she thought we should stir the coconut in yet. She shook her her, no. So I asked her if she thought we should just eat it all instead. She nodded and opened her mouth for more. :)
When I show her something that she really likes, she OOOoooo's and when she tastes something she really likes, she Mmmmm's. She is such a funny little girl! She definitely has some attitude and at times can be quite the little stinker. She knows how to throw a fit with the best of them, but most of the time she is an angel.

FOURTHLY. (Yep, it's a word. :) I LOVE MY FAMILY!
Hazel and Lilie have had SO MUCH fun the past two weekends with their Grandmas, Grandpas, and cousins. I am so thankful that they are able to grow up with them in their lives. We aren't close enough that we get to see them all the time, but still get to see them often. Cousins are so fabulous! I've never seen anything like the friendships that cousins can automatically have.

I am eternally grateful for my own family, my parents, siblings, siblings-in-law, uncles, aunts, cousins, nieces, nephews, husband, and children, but I am also so very, very thankful for Nels's family. They are SUCH good people and I love them all dearly. I am so thankful to have been blessed with such a loving and supporting family-in-law. We are truly blessed.

(I just realized that I haven't done my fabulous five this past week and then thought about sticking it into this post. THEN I realized that this IS like a fabulous five . . . so here I am with numero cinco.)

FIFTHLY.
This fabulous, is based on funny little story I thought of as I'm writing these funny words like fourthly and fifthly.
As Hazel was keeping me company the other day while I was cleaning, she was naming off her siblings and their number - like,
H: "I'm your first baby, huh, Mom? And Lilie is your second baby and Elsie is your third baby. Our next baby will be fourth . . . what comes after that?"
Me: "Fifth"
H: "And what comes after that?"
Me: "I don't know if there will be, 'after that'! Silly girl!"
H: "What comes after fifth?"
Me: "Sixth. . . . . . . I don't know that we'll have that many kids though. That's a lot of kids."
H: "Yes. We have to have a lot of kids."
Me: "I don't know. I guess we'll see. I don't really think that's up to you. - - - How many kids do you think we'll have?"
H: "Ten."
Me: "Ten?! I REALLY don't think so! That's a LOT of kids, Hazel!" :)
H: (said with the sassiest, know-it-all voice a 5 year-old can muster) "Mom. We'll have as many kids as Heavenly Father tells us to."

There was more funny conversation after this, but the gist of this fifthly little fabuloso is this. I AM thankful that I have a relationship with my Heavenly Father that will let me know when "we're done" . . . . . and that I can rely on HIM for that . . . and not my five-year-old. :) LOL! What a funny little girl! She sure loves her family!

11 comments:

Sara Newton said...

My favorite is that Heavenly Father will tell Hazel when you're done having kids... :) I love kids!

Deanna said...

Such a cutie! Good luck with that! I hope we someday get to 'thirdly'. I am like you...a sixth? WOW!

The Hills said...

I loved your list today. I miss your cute little girls. Hazel's attitude about how many kids in the family is the same attitude my husband, John, has. I think I might have to draw the line at four. Being pregnant is no fun, for me at least.

ClancyPants said...

LOL! So funny! Can't wait to see your bathroom and project pics! Can't wait to heap praise all over you for your awesomeness! Love that Hazel wants a zillion kids... or ten. A zillion and ten are the same to me.

I've missed you in the blogosphere and in real life too! :)

lynsey said...

well you guys are teaching her what's right, even if she does say it back in a sassy tone! too funny! i'm anxiously awaiting your projects...show us!

Life for the Pillings said...

Glad to hear that you had a great Thanksgiving. We missed you guys! Next year you'll have to do the early Black Friday shopping with Wendie and I - we had a blast. I love the conversation that you had with Hazel about how many kids that you will have - Ha Ha Ha - 10?? Remember it's suppose to be 12! I still laugh about the sealer telling you guys that on your wedding day. NINE more to go!!! LOL - I am laughing at myself!!!

Amber said...

Well I am glad you have someone there to remind you about how many kids you need to have =). Hazel is definitly a tender hearted little girl, who always wants to do what is right. What a sweet daughter!! 10 is quite a lot you better pick up the pace. LOL!!!
I can't wait to see your projects. You amaze me by how much you accomplish and do!!!

Wendie said...

Pictures please! You're inspiring me to be more creative and begin some projects just for the fun of it and/or for the beauty. I'm going to start . . . tomorrow . . . along with my diet =). I love your fabulous fives. I smiled at your thirdly and laughed at your fifthly.

ClancyPants said...

Dinner would be awesome! This week is the ward Christmas dinner on sat, next sat is a friend of ours' Christmas party... would a Friday work? Those seem to be less crazy this month. :)

Anonymous said...

How cute! Your girls are so sweet! We need to get together. We've been so busy, it's hard to stop and call people! Call me if you get a relaxing moment.

Lisa said...

You went to see Coldplay in concert?! Wow! I've missed out, how awesome is that! Glad you enjoyed it. . . And little Elsie and her vocab. Layla is gibbering just a much, only you can't understand hardly any of it. But still, baby gibbering is so cute.