Thursday, November 6, 2008

A magic equation for an age-old question . . .

I now present, for you your instruction:

How To: 
Get Rid of the Binky

First take a little of this:


Then you add one of these:



Now, if you've added them together just right, you will be given not only ONE, but TWO of these. (The only two left in existence in your home.)



You will then lay your tired child down in her crib and give her one of these, that she previously stole out of the dishwasher you were unloading. 



Lastly, you will add a kiss on her sweet, little cheek (while she looks she looks at you as if to say, "are you serious?"), turn around, walk out of the room, and close the door. As the door shuts, you will squeeze your eyes together and pray with all you have inside that she will go to sleep.

Now if you have completed each of these steps in exactness, you will be given a sleeping, binky-less child.

The wonder of this equation is still blowing me away two days later! I feel the need to share it with all parents across the world! Why have scientists not tried this before, I wonder? Such a simple thing: 2 binkies + 1 kitten + a little panic + a Strawberry Shortcake spoon + a prayer = sleeping baby! Incredible! :)

9 comments:

ClancyPants said...

LOL! Who knew!? Wow! I'm allergic to cats so it's a good thing I'm done with babies and binkis!

I'm excited for you and Elsie! YAY!

Rachel Holloway said...

GENIUS! Does this work for thumb suckers as well?? :) jk!

Perry's said...

I would love to get Hannah off her Binky. But I have heard with a new baby just around the corner it is not a good time. I hear they will go back to it. What do you think?

Wendie said...

Cute!

Amber said...

What I thought you were going to get rid of that months ago! LOL! I am glad you have a kitten to help you out =).

Rachel Chick said...

Rachel, too funny! LOL! You should try it out! I really don't think that they could suck their thumb if they didn't have one! :) LOL!

And to Chelsie, I guess you'd have to ask someone who has had experience with that one, but I'd still try just going cold-turkey to get rid of it - new baby and all. :) I can see that she may try to steal that baby's binky, but . . . . who knows? How bad could it be?

Lindsey and Brett said...

That is incredible! I'll have to remember this for the future when I have kids!

Life for the Pillings said...

That's an interesting way to do it! Good Job! Spoons? I never would have thought of that one.

Lisa said...

Rachel, it's after midnight, I'm reading this and I have not laughed so hard at such a blog post before LAUGH OUT LOUD FUNNY! I recall you saying you cured Elsie of the binky, but I failed to ask how. oh. Reading that was worth the wait. The pictures were awesome, and on top of that, I could Totally hear you saying the typed words. SO FUNNY! Thanks. I think I'm going to share it, if that's okay.