I've been having some fun with Photoshop - exploring your suggestions about shutters and whatnot. Here are examples that I have come up with and I'd really like some feedback on what looks best.

Okay, here is what I've got now.

With white shutters.
(not my favorite)

Green shutters, white doors.
Green shutters, green storm door, white door.

(front door looks weird all Photoshopped,
I'm sure it would look better with some
real-life texture.)
Okay, what do you think? Or should I do something different entirely?



18 comments:
I like green shutters and white doors. It add dimension to the house. My second choice is to have green shutters and a green storm door. Having the regular door green just looks strange to me, but maybe it would look better in real life. My parents have a red door on their house.
I think that it looks fantastic with green shutters, a green storm door, and a green door. Have fun!
Great idea to use photoshop! I think I'm leaning toward the green shutters and green doors. But, second choice is the white door, green shutters and green storm door. I think either would look great!
I like the green shutters, greeen door, can you evaporate the storm door? if not, go with...I don't know. I don't think I'd like the storm door painted, though...
Don't you love photoshop!?!?
I think I like the green shutters and white doors.
Green shutters, green doors.. both green. Groovy, baby!
For sure the green shutters. I'm liking both doors green, but I also like just the storm door green. Maybe if you painted the storm door - then paint the indoor door a more mellow color then bold white. Hmmmm - Good Luck! What is your other big project?
I didn't see a green door with white storm door. . . I think you need some sort of attraction to the front door. So, for sure have some white there. the green shutters are nice, too. . . Good luck.
Oh, p.s. If I have time, could I stop by and see you and the girls Wednesday . . . oh hey, that's tormorrow. . . it would be about 1:30 - 2:00 ish ish. Thanks.
ooh, ooo. Or, you could accent the front door with RED? or wait, didn't it used to be red?
Ben and I both like the green shutters and white door with green storm door. Rach!!!! Coldplay is coming in just a few more days!! Do we have any plans for before the concert? Is your mom watching the girls? Where are our seats at??!!! We are so exicted- can't you tell!??!
Hey, as if you need another comment! I can't wait to see what you decide... I like green shutters FOR SURE. I like the green front door and taking away the storm door if possible, if not, then I wouldn't paint the front door- I think it might look "tacky" with the white storm door in front...
Hmm...I would say green shutters and green door. Then again maybe a white door. What ever you do I would keep both doors the same color, personally. Good luck!
I can't wait to see the project you are working on right now.
I like the green shutters and the green storm door- but with the white door behind it. Maybe you could make it a more mellow color. Might be fun!
i am loving the all-green look so that gets my vote. how fun to be able to switch it up in your OWN home! ahhhh. someday.
I don't like the green. I know it matches the roof, but green isn't one of my favorite colors. I like the white door and shutters best. But I don't mind the green shutters with the green storm door.
Good luck!
I think it is awesome that you have the time to play with photoshop to decide what to do with your house! If only I could muster that much energy... My vote is for green shutters, white door, green storm door!
I like the green shutters, green storm door, green door. It is up to you. Whatever you decide will look great. You have to live with it. at least till you change it
My daughter and I both like the green shutters and doors. I don't think you want the storm door to stand out, so whatever color you decide I would do both doors the same color. Your new sidewalk looks very nice. I have been updating my entryway also and will post the photos on my blog soon.
Post a Comment