It's that time of year again!!!
What time? you're asking.
Moving time, of course! It's September! that means we get to move again . . .
{sigh}
The house that we've been living in for the past year has been on the market all summer. It's been so fun, but it's coming to an end as we got word on Monday that the house has sold and we have until the 25th to be out.
That's two weeks from today.
I feel a little sick, a lot resigned, a bit frustrated, and really tired. Every once in a while, a little glimmer of "it's going to be great" comes creeping in at the seams and gives me some hope. Thank the Lord for hope. Because I really do have faith that all will be well, but reality is still challenging.
We shall see where we land, but most likely it will mean changing wards and schools again.
{double sigh}
My Hazel has already spent some major tears on that prospect and I don't blame her a bit. In her four complete years of school, she has attended three different elementaries. We've moved so many times, leaving behind valued relationships with each of them. It takes a toll.
But we are trying to focus not on what we've left behind, but what we gain each time as well. And I do know we have gained a great deal each time - and the friendships from the past, the real ones, remain.
So here's to learning to bend . . . or maybe it's just a lesson in learning how to kneel.
5 comments:
Sounds like you need to homeschool! :). I'm sorry you have to move again. I have so much empathy for you because I've done it so many times and I think each time only gets harder. Sending moving prayers your way!
Ugh moving isn't fun at all, and with a family of seven... Well prayers are with your family!
oh how i love you--that last line made me tear up. thinking of you and wishing i could be there to pack boxes--or just watch your kids for you and spoon feed you ice cream while you pack them. :)
I love you Rachel! I wish there was something I could do to help dry those sweet tears. You are so good... I hope you know that. So, so very good.
I nominated you for a Liebster award on my blog:
Post a Comment