Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Love Is All You Really Need

. . . of course, that's not at all true. But I count myself incredibly lucky to be surrounded by it.


This Valentine's Day we decided to spice it up a little. We didn't take any fancy dates, but Nels put on a party for ALL of us that made his ladies feel pretty special.

Heart pizza + all your favorite Stake Dance music + a bunch of Chicks = a Roarin' Good Time!









The girls were told to dress up however they wanted...Elsie's costume was a winner!












And to top it off with a smile . . .



this is a perfect example of how I feel after Nels points that stupid camera at me for the 348th time

In all, it was a really great day! We made lots and lots of glittery Valentine's the night before, the girls had a wonderful time at their school parties, then as soon as Hazel and Lilie got home from school we cut out about 60 hearts to go decorate Nels's car at work.

I don't generally get much into the "silly" holidays, but I do love the opportunity to take a little extra time to share the love I have with my little family. I'm so thankful that Nels set up such a fun night for us!

6 comments:

lynsey said...

oh, i LOVE THIS. you guys are awesome!

and....

the picture of nels spinning lilie & the first one of you throwing clara in the air need to be enlarged, b&w, and framed. they are my favorite!!

ClancyPants said...

Amen to Lynsey's comment about the pictures being framed.

And, this post brings so much light to my heart! What a fun date and a fun memory for your girls.

I think maybe you should add the last picture of you to the "blow up, B&W, and frame" list. ;-)

Deanna said...

I love that you guys just let loose. ♥♥♥ I need to remember to do this more!!!

LOVE all the pictures, too. :)

Thomas Family said...

So great, love love love all of it! I think Nels and Rachel make everyone smile because they are SO awesome. What lucky girls you have!!!

Amber said...

You guys are the coolest! I love all the pictures. Especially the last two. Love you!!!

Amber said...

ps I really like Violet's cute little glasses--what a doll. =)