Monday, January 7, 2013

Our Kids Love Santa Claus?

Before I forget . . .

Around the middle of November, I started asking the girls what they wanted for Christmas. I was determined that there would be no last-minute scrambling this year and I wanted it out of the way so that I could just enjoy the season with my family.

I had come across the coolest dragon and showed it to Lilie, sure that she would LOVE it.

(Since we don't have cable or satellite, my children pretty much never watch commercials. And wouldn't you know it? Without the barrage of advertising, compiling their Christmas lists was a pretty open-ended affair.)


This is the conversation that we had as she gazed happily at the dragon figurine:


What do you think, Lilie? Is that something that you might like for Christmas?

MMmmmmmm . . . {sigh} . . . . . yeah. :)

Great! Maybe you could ask Santa Claus.

{worried and skeptical look} Um. I don't know.

What do you mean? I thought you just said that you liked it. Is there something else that you want more?

{still with the screwy face} No. I really like it! I just don't know if I want to ask Santa.

Why? You don't have to like it, just because I showed it to you . . .

Well. Why don't YOU just get it for me?

What? Why not Santa? Is there something else you want?

No. It's just . . . well . . . I really like it . . . and . . . sometimes Santa doesn't bring me what I want. Like one year I asked for a Wall-E computer and he just brought me a dinosaur instead . . . 

{{me stifling a HUGE laugh}}

. . . So. I just think you should get it for me instead and I'll just ask Santa for something that I don't really care about very much.


Hahahahahahahaaaaa!


In light of our children's supreme confidence in the Man in Red, I also present to you Nels's most recent bestest creation. :)


6 comments:

Thomas Family said...

so cute. and funny :) We love the chicks!

Deanna said...

that's so awesome!!!

Jill said...

Best part: "... wonderful, smiling.... faces?"
Super cute little Chick chicas.

Side note: Your last name is awesome. And the fact you have five girls? I mean, really. That is pure genius on the Lord's part. Or, just shows His sense of humor. Either way, I love it.

Sara Newton said...

I love Elsie's shifty eyes when she mentions smiling faces! This is great!

Amber said...

LOVE it~ Nels has some incredible skills!!! Maybe he should go into videography with kids. =)

Marci said...

love it! our 6 year old doesn't trust the 'fat man in red' either