"I could never love anyone as I love my sisters." ~Little Women
I think Lilie is the best medicine in all the world for Hazel! She has felt better since Lilie got here than she has all day. It's been kind of a rough day, but Hazel is like a completely renewed patient with Lilie here. Restored her spirit.
When Nels explained the seriousness of the situation to Lilie last night, she just lost it. She told me that she was just running all around the house so, so afraid. Nels said she was carrying on something fierce - about how sad and scared she was. She was disappointed at canceling our trip to Seattle, but really, really worried about Hazel.
When Nels and I traded off for an hour last night so I could go get some things, I returned home to find Lilie sleeping in Elsie's bunk bed with her. When I asked her about it today she said she was just scared. To which I replied, "So you just needed to snuggle a sister, huh?" She took a big breath and said, "Yeah ... But when it's like that, even a brother would do." :)
Elsie was much more logical than Lilie. :) While Lilie lost her head, :) Elsie reassured her that everything was going to be okay and it was just fine that we weren't going on our trip, because Hazel was more important.
Such sweet girls. I love them so!
I just can't imagine anything in the world better than having your sisters be your best friends.






3 comments:
sweet, sweet sisters. I love those little ladies of yours!
Serioulsy, there is nothing better than a sister! I hope Zina gets one someday. :) You're girls are so sweet. The next best thing for Zina if she doesn't ever get a sister would probably be moving next door to 5 Chick sisters. :)
Oh and if you get a chance could you email me your address? It's Christmas Card time. :)
Post a Comment