Monday, November 19, 2012

Pumpkin Waffles with Apple Cinnamon Syrup

Posting favorite family recipes to my blog so that I can save them to my Yumprint cookbook! Yumprint just added a new "search" feature so if you've joined recently, let me know so that I can find you!

Moist, delicious waffles and the perfect syrup to top them off!



Pumpkin Waffles

2 c. flour (to texture)
2 tsp. baking powder
1 Tb. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt 
3/4 c. pumpkin
3 eggs
1/2 c. oil
2 c. milk
1/4 tsp. cinnamon, opt.
1/4 tsp. ginger, opt.
1/4 tsp. nutmeg, opt.

Mix all ingredients together and bake in waffle iron.

Apple Cinnamon Syrup

1/2 c. sugar
1 Tb. cornstarch
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 c. apple juice or cider
1 Tb. lemon juice
2 Tb. butter

Combine dry ingredients, then add apple juice and lemon juice.
Bring to a boil over medium heat to thicken and then add butter.

4 comments:

Amber said...

Mmmm...now I know what we are having in the morning. =)

Sara Newton said...

That's what we eat Thanksgiving morning! It became a tradition last year and we watch the Macy's parade.

Alicia said...

Made this for breakfast this morning. It was a hit! The syrup is a must and I love that this made more than enough for our family with leftovers to bring as a sacrament snack (syrup-less, if course).

Anonymous said...

So funny - this EXACT recipe has become a favorite tradition in our home each Fall and I am just now realizing that it was in your home that I first tasted their scrumptiousness! My husband and I came up to visit Lynz and Ben and I think we stopped by your place to meet you all (including an ADORABLE little Hazel!) - you served this to us for breakfast, I asked for the recipe and have been loving it ever since. I'd completely forgotten, but now owe you an overdue THANK YOU!!!!