Monday, September 10, 2012

Landing. Again.

August was a doozie. I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to be learning during this incredibly crazy chapter of our lives, but it sure is a wild ride.

The whole summer, really, just flew by so quickly --- in the wonderful way that it does when you spend warm afternoons at the lake or with visitors.

August came along and I escaped to Utah for a week and a half, came home and packed up our whole house - for the third time in a year, celebrated our tenth anniversary, moved across town, unpacked the kitchen, packed our bags again, drove to Utah a second time, took family pictures, had a reunion, saw some dinosaur bones, drove 14 hours back home, and started school the next day.

Last week I kept thinking, "why am I so tired???"

I felt like I was never going to feel rested again.

But I'm finally starting to feel human again and it's really nice. All our beds are finally made and hopefully by the end of today, our clothes will be unpacked. There are mountains of laundry to be done --- which I'm actually feeling excited to do in our NEW washer and dryer --- and for the first time in . . . months, I've made a menu. Happy day! :)

Over the course of this move from "town" to the "sticks", I've not had internet access from anything except my phone. It's been weird and frustrating. - It is always annoying to recognize how dependent I am on the world wide web for my connections to the outside world - from cooking and socializing to information and shopping. :) However, when I live hours and hours and hours and hours from my family and most of my lifelong friends and I have five little children and a lot of work to get done each day, I guess it's a blessing that it's available at all.

I'm excited to be connected again. I'm excited to be able to listen to Dr. Laura and Rush Limbaugh again.  I'm excited to read blogs again. And hopefully I'll be excited to share some little updates of what has happened over the last month.

4 comments:

Thomas Family said...

Yeah you're back!! I've missed you. :) And I am oh so jealous that you live in the sticks. I told Mark the other day that I wanted to live in northern Idaho......he said he was homesick for arizona. haha. We'll see who wins. Good luck with all the unpacking - I think you guys move more than us and I can't wait to live somewhere for longer than 1yr!

MeggyT said...

SHARE YOUR MENU IDEAS! I'm running out of tried-and-true for my picky-eater family :)

Sara Newton said...

I'm so glad you have internet again! I totally know the feeling of being completely unconnected. It took us a while to get it up too...but we don't have it on our phones, so we'd run down to Starbucks every day or so to make sure nobody cared about us. :)

lynsey said...

i've missed you. can't wait to hear more. :)