Or a lot of puke. Sometimes it takes a lot.
Started with Claraboo, spread to Vi-vee, then to Mama and Daddy, followed by Hayzizzle, then Elsmarie this morning, and LilieLoo this afternoon.
Lots. Lots of puke.
Lilie is my favorite puker. She sits right next to you, panting puke breath right in your face about every 30 seconds. Either that or she's moaning tunes in the bathroom. She's . . . really something.
We had a wonderful time with the Chicks this last weekend at our annual reunion. I'm SO glad that the puking waited until it was over. - Well, for all of us except Clara. And by "over" I mean - on the drive home.
I got pulled over for speeding as we were driving through Sandpoint. That was awesome. But I did get out of the ticket by apologizing to the officer in advance should I up-chuck on his shiny shoes. The retching from the backseat, by Violet, didn't hurt either.
Fun times at the Chick house.
8 comments:
Ok, you are so cute! I love your family picture at the top of the blog! Your lunch pictures with your little girl looks so fun. Happy 30th birthday too; you look great! :)
Oh no! Puking is no fun. Zina had a lovely bout of it here in Tulsa. Yuck yuck yuck. But way to look at it positively by getting you out of a ticket. :) We had a nice little chat about the Chicks here in Tulsa. About how Nels was one of Wells favorite people ever and how they always got mixed up because they look so oddly alike. Haha. So funny. Hope you get feeling better SOON.
Something that I thought of when you talked about Lilie puking was Grace. They are two birds of a feather when it comes to dramatics. I have to work really hard not to laugh at Grace when someone is slightly mean to her or something doesn't go her way or she's sick because it's all the same dramatic reaction.
But I do have to say that having 5 barfing kids sounds like the worst time ever. I think I'd rather do almost anything than have that many barfing people in one place at one time.
I am so sorry, but the only upside I see is at least they were all at once vs one person each week... :) hope you are all on the road to recovery
This was definitely a nondiscriminatory flu bug. I think just about everybody got it. So sorry it had to happen at our house. Hope you all are better soon. Maybe the next reunion won't have such a 'puky' effect. We enjoyed our time with your family here. :)
That must be some puke-bug! Do you mind if I put on a face of a sick person and use that excuse next time a cop pulls me over?
Hope you all are starting to feel better!
Today is Thursday -- hope that bug has left your car, home, and family!! Mel came down sick Monday evening, barfing all night. Stayed home from work Tuesday. Finally began feeling better Wednesday afternoon. So far (knock on that wood) I haven't gotten sick. I think it is because I am so onery!
So sorry...glad that you were able to get out of the ticket though!
Post a Comment