Monday, January 30, 2012

Billy Buttons

The other day, I was REALLY needing some incentive to get some work done around the apartment.

There's nothing novel about feeling unmotivated to clean sometimes, but being in this apartment, it can be even more difficult at times. In our own home - in a place that feels like home - there is a great measure of satisfaction that can come with working hard and putting everything in its place. Here, it's been more of a challenge.

So last week I decided to make myself a good ol' fashion chore list and then work hard until it was done. As a reward for being a responsible adult, I would find something that I've pinned on Pinterest and actually follow through with making it. (I think I get feeling a little depressed sometimes and have to remind myself that I like to have fun. :)

I decided on making some Billy Buttons via Design Sponge. I've stumbled upon a fun little store here in town that sells wool roving, so this was a pretty simple project to complete in an afternoon.


There are a few things that I'd like to adjust about the finished product, but I think it turned out pretty fun. Later, I'll probably replace the wire with a lighter green wire (like in the original) and I'll find a different vase, but this works for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool! I think it turned out great! I love that pitcher you used!! Have you always had that?