Friday, June 10, 2011
Today and Yesterdays
Today the girls are unloading the van. All by themselves. And vacuuming it. Sometimes I forget to utilize the assets I have.
Today we are home from Utah. Today is sunny. Today my beans and peas are still not poking up through the ground in my garden.
The last couple of yesterdays we spent some fun time with lots of family. We went to the zoo with my sisters, cousins, and 21 children! After spending a stressful two hours losing my children repeatedly and only making it to the playground, carousel, and the elephants, we split ways and I spent the rest of the afternoon with only my four little chickies to keep track of. The zoo is not a place for catching up with friends. :) The zoo IS, however, a wonderful place to take a one-year-old who loves all fuzzy things. (She thinks that all non-fuzzy things - like iguanas - should only be viewed in peeps from around mommy's legs. :)
Today Elsie is finally riding her big-girl bike (with training wheels). She's been a champ on the trike and now really likes her new, pink princess bike. Today she looks adorable with her long straight hair and pretty dress with her new flip-flops.
Yesterday I repeatedly yelled at my older girls to go to bed and stop playing around in their room. Yesterday when Elsie came downstairs at 9:30 after everyone else was asleep, I picked her up and let her snuggle in between Mommy and Daddy and watch TV. Because Elsie has magical powers that bend the universe to her will. Yesterday Elsie told me that when she grows up, she wants to be a mommy. And then she will be really smart. :) I think she's already really smart.
Today Hazel squealed with delight when I told her she "got to" vacuum out the van. :)
Today, while it is currently 68 degrees, Lilie is wearing a white turtleneck with a purple tank top (over the top) and red sweat pants. With flip flops.
Yesterday we had a "dancing party" in the basement with a strobe light on Nels's iphone. It. Was. Hilarious. The girls loved it.
Today Violet thinks that her pigtails are "pitty" and was so excited to get "dessed" (dressed).
Yesterday my girls were babies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




8 comments:
These. pictures. are. LOVELY!!! I LOVE THEM! They're beautiful and capture the fun personalities of each of your girls!!!
Our boys 'get' to vacuum out our cars, too, and it's been great that they love it so much...we'll see if that changes in 20 years when they're old enough to date. Yes, I said 20 years.
We need to get together!!! What's next week looking like for a bike ride? or picnic?
When did Violet become a big person and start speaking? I guess all while I wasn't there. :) Your girls are so beautiful. I love that they all look like sisters. I mean, you know what I mean, right?
Today I read this blog post, and was again impressed with your amazing ability to express your soul through writing.
Today I smiled at the photos of our gorgeous daughters, and nearly cried when I reach the end of the post.
Thank you for being a shining example to our wonderful girls. You are the best mother and wife. Today, yesterday, and tomorrow, we're a family.
Today, Nels commenting on your blog post in such a sweet way tugged some heartstrings in me. What husband comments on their wife's blog? An awesome one.
What beautiful, capable, incredible ladies you have in that house of yours! I love those incredible pics!! They are so expressive and meaningful. Pictures tell such a story.
Great pics!!! Your girls are so wonderful! Time goes by so fast!
oh i just love you and your family! and i agree with clancy, i love that nelsorama commented on this. rachel i miss you & appreciate all that you do on this little bloggity of yours that lifts me up & inspires me. miss you so much!
Aw...Those are beautiful little chickies!!! I love how you captured the little moments of the days. So sweet and fun.
Post a Comment