Monday, June 27, 2011

Tick Tock

picture and post are unrelated, but I love this photo
Yellowstone, May 2011

Life just keeps on ticking right away and somehow it is the end of June. I knew this day was coming, but I wasn't quite expecting it to come so quickly.

Today I am 3/4 of the way through this pregnancy. With only another 10 weeks to go, I'm truly in no hurry. As Nels's eight-year-old nephew pointed out this last weekend (after asking what happened to my belly - LOL!), "You already have a baby!" Yes, Winston. I sure do. Each day that goes by before this next little chickie makes her debut is a blessing to me. - However, edging up on thirty, with my fifth baby, and having only given my body 9 months between pregnancies, seems to be catching up with me. - As does a very busy life and very busy summer, with four busy ladies. We'll just say - as I've said before - "The old grey mare, she ain't what she used to be."

Now all that being said, hopefully the next few weeks will be slightly slower. We're settling in to a summer routine. I finally made it to the bottom of the endless laundry pit that had been growing in my basement. We have one fun-filled family reunion already under our belts. The rows of beans that I planted in my garden are not thriving. And I have six months of backlogged blogging beckoning. Which I plan on working on over the next month as Nels's work schedule picks up {you know, sun-up to sun-up} and I have tons of time to sit about and do nothing. :) {Sarcasm is not well-conveyed in written form.}

What I'm trying to say is this. I plan on finally recording Christmas, birthdays, family vacations, and a few thoughts in the coming weeks.

I just needed to tell you that I'm tired first. And get that off my chest. And record that I'm still alive {my mother texted me this morning, wondering if I was}. And to give a shout out to having spent roughly 185 weeks of my adult life pregnant.

Now let's all go eat some ice cream, shall we? And maybe afterward we'll top it off with some Tums and a nap. :)

5 comments:

Deanna said...

I love you. I've missed you. Can't wait to see you next...when will that be? LOL!

Rachel Holloway said...

SERIOUSLY shocked you only have 10 weeks left! WHAT?!? This pregnancy has flown... :)

Julie Button said...

You are so fun! You rock for only having 9 months between pregnancies! And 5 kids before 30! I want to be like you ;)

Alisha said...

I've missed your posts! 10 weeks?! Super excited to see your new little "chickie.." You are truly amazing!

Marci said...

are you going to be in utah for the 4th of july.... i know it is a long shot, but if you are, let me know.