Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Little Miss Itchy

Ugg.

I've found my threshold.

Hot day, seven months pregnant, 82 degree house, windy, allergies, itchy eyes, itchy nose, stuffed up, sneezing, HOT, 4 whiney kids who are also hot, 3 whiney kids who are upset that I don't have any paint brushes to do the promised craft, 2 whiney kids who have actually been very good helpers today - until the paint brushes went MIA and are now kicking, hitting, and crying. Peeling shoulders that are also itching . . .

Did I mention pregnant and hot? I'm just one big, fat ball of itching, hot, uncomfortable, and irritable. Even my "nerves" feel itchy.

That's it. 

I've managed to install the window A.C. unit in the kitchen window all by myself. - Just couldn't wait 3 more hours for Nels to get home.

And now . . .

I'm retreating to the basement with Netflix, Claritin, a roll of toilet paper, yarn, crochet hooks, some new patterns, a WHOLE box of candy, and some Tums.

Afterall. Ripping my eyes and nose off my face is not really an option. Darn allergies.

5 comments:

Deanna said...

I'm so sorry!!! i remember this time last year...it was super un-awesome.

And the wind today! where'd THAT come from?! Geesh!

Alisha said...

Way to go with install the AC....so impressed! I couldn't even reach the window at 7 months pregnant! mmm..candy sounds good too!

Alisha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amber said...

I'm sorry. But your plan sounds lovely. I think I'll have to make that happen for me tonight =). Even though I don't have allergies, or pregnancy as an excuse, I am really really tired after four days of treking with teenagers that stay up all hours of the night.

lynsey said...

oh, i'm not glad that you've hit your threshold due to the circumstance, but i have to say that i totally understand! and you are such a rock star of a pregnant lady....pedaling your ladies to the library, doing projects with them, being a good mom.....even putting in the A/C unit all by YOURSELF!?!?! holy tamole.

i hope that the day got better for you & especially that those allergies eased up.

FYI, i had crazy bad allergies for about 7 months & had to be on claritin around the clock. i was finally prescribed rhinocort (a nose spray) that i use just once a day and it has been a MIRACLE. i haven't had to take claritin at all, and i've had zero sinus headaches!! and poor bennie boy has just sneezed and sneezed his life away. but that's okay, he deserves it. :) just kidding.

love ya my friend!